What's the Best Song to Overclock to?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the Best Song to Overclock to?

Hybrid View

What's the Best Song to Overclock to?

My Celerons run 15 degrees cooler when I play George Clinton's(P-Funk) "Flashlight". What do you listen to? Be specific, please.
    PS, I've only had one beer tonight.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

I really like the song Hotel California (from the album Hell freezes over). This song is not from my era (I am only 23) but the drums are really low, deep and the resonance are really natural (compare to the synthesiser crap we get in mainstream "music" today). I have a modest system (Energy c-8, good for 300W, down to 28 Hz, a Marantz CD player, and a Carver amp good for 250 watt per channel). It is no audiophile's fantasy (you should see Duckman's gears), but it's better than the Sony reciever the salesman at future shop will try to sell you.
    BTW, I need a bigger room for my system.
    PS. Does the original version of Hotel California have alot of harpsicord (or whatever)? I can't stand that version.

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 01-20-2000).]

I'm still using my monitor speakers for mids and highs, and a JBL 8" GT8 auto subwoofer for the lows. It's powered by my infamous car battery/battery charger rig. The amplification is provided by a my trusty Kenwood KAC921 car stereo amp, which is bridged to provide a clean 300watts RMS to the JBL sub. The monitor speakers are powered by the Kenwood KAC 744 running with 2 of the 4 40watt channels. Crossover functions are built in to both amps. It's more than the neighbors are willing to tolerate. When they piss me off I drag the 4th-order bandpass subwoofer out of the closet and swap it out with the JBL 8 incher. The 4th-order box is trapezoid-shaped, weighs 115 pounds, has 2 JBL 10" drivers, and the only thing you see are two innocent looking 4" round ports. I found a little program that lets you pick a frequency and it just plays the tone you select. I selected 8hertz. The neighbors dog started freaking out instantly. It was almost inaudible to humans, but it kicked the dog's ***. I spent nearly an hour experimenting with different frequencies, I found 8hz to be the "dog" frequency and 50hz to be the "neighbors hammering on the ceiling" frequency. I'm easily amused. Yeah, I know that car battery vents hydrogen gas, stop telling me that.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Joe Satriani - I love his Flying in a blue dream album
    besides that, I also dig Metallica, VH, G&R, Lynch Mob, Warrant, Bon Jovi, the list goes on...

hey TN, go easy on the dogs ... if you had big ears like they do you wouldn't be too happy with a 8 Hz pure tone ... hell, I don't like 1 khz pure tone ... makes Johnny go mad.

hey, I used to have a Kenwood 821...it wasn't bad.
    Now I've got a Phoenix Gold amp that rocks!

It's all about making her feel sexy, so when I play this song( http://matrix.crosswinds.net/~sverre...usexything.mp3 for her, she oc's like hell!!

PS: use right-click save target if you want to dl it!

Duckman

------------------
    ------------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    matrix.crosswinds.net/~sverresjo/duckman.htm
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.

[This message has been edited by Duckman (edited 01-20-2000).]

I came by a secondhand HDD recently that I checked out before reformatting, Glad I did it had 2.83Gigs of high quality MP3's on it. 697 tracks of new music FREE, stereophonics, Cattatoinia, cardigans, garbage........ etc

I have the running in random play right now

BladeRunner

Living on a Prayer.... definately the song for serious overclocking......
    Fallguy

i listen to Bob Marley, Kid Rock, REM, Limp Bizkit, Staind, and for hardcore overclocking: System of a Down

------------------
    No matter what a hooker tells you, there is no sex in the Champagne room.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

Somewhere between Purgatory and Hell called Ohio
    I though I was the only Joe Satriani fan in the world.
    -Goff

Personally I prefer New Kids On The Block

------------------
    Why is it that everything today has involved something coming in, or going out of my ***??
    Why is it that everything today has involved something coming in, or going out of my ***??

I like Andrea Bocceli!

Computer runs at 600 MHz stable with that playing... seems to crash with all boy bands?
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Anything from Creed.

chcr is offline lemme offa this ride!!!!!
    "Uncle John's Band" by the Dead. Okay, so I'm old. I no longer try to deny it (granddaughter won't let me). Another good choice is "Born to Be Wild". BTW, speaking of old, A shiny attaboy to anyone who knows where I plagarized my signature.

------------------
    We're all bozos on this bus.
    Things equal to other things are not necessarily the same.

Thread Information