Everyone knows PC's are related to cars, don't they?!!! (odd question inside)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone knows PC's are related to cars, don't they?!!! (odd question inside)

Everyone knows PC's are related to cars, don't they?!!! (odd question inside)

Hi,
    I know this question is a bit off topic, but I imagine quite alot of you guys know about cars

I'm a bit fed up with spending all my ca$h on my PC at the mo, as I'm always upgrading...
    So, after careful thought I've decided to save for a CAR. Oh yea baby!!!

Now, I've had my eye on the Porsch 944, but it's quite a bit of money for me (poor student) and I could just spend a load load less on a boring Peugot 205 or something.
    Any comments on this topic would be very helpful.

Thanks for reading this odd post,

Minton

PS. I'd have to get a 1982/3 model, cos they are kinda expensive!

chcr is offline lemme offa this ride!!!!!
    You ever see a Renault 5 Turbo 2? A friend had one and it screamed. Early eighties vintage I think. It was the mid-eighties when he had it, anyway. It was what we call a "grey market" car (European spec) so surely you could find one if you were intersted and looked hard enough. Oh, look!!! You're a bad influence. you got me off topic too!!!!
    Things equal to other things are not necessarily the same.

OH YAH MAN!! The processor in my 89'lebarron turbo coupe's computer runs at 8MHZ sooo...I overclocked it to 12MHZ and it gave me 50 MORE HORSEPOWER!!!! Now I'm running my 150HP turbocharged 2.5L@200HP\13.5V\100Mph front of the bus!!!!!!!

------------------
    YOUR CPU EMITS WHAT COLOR OF SMOKE?!!!
    OH! THE SAME COLOR SMOKE AS YOUR VOODO!
    P2-350@466<133FSB>|64MB Dram
    13Gig Quantum 7200
    CL 8X Rom|CL AWE 64 Gold
    Voodoo 3 3000 166@205mhz

chcr This girl at the college I used to attend had a red Renault5 turbo - and you're right, those things scream

------------------
    Am I becoming brighter, or are my friends just getting dumber?

mmmm. Cars. Always nice to see a car topic pop up in here. Was always a fan of the old musclecars, though if you're not going in a straight line, it can be a hairy ride!

Got a '69 Roadrunner. Some dolt took out the 383 and put in a puny little 318. It's not so fast any more...
    It's not me, it's you.

Anyone realise the parallel between us and muscle car enthuistist? I guess we built muscle computer ...

944 is one hell of a toy.

Audi TT?
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I personally would go for a pre-80's Vette... Fairly cheap, but the mileage is a *****. 13-16 mpg....

------------------
    MooOoo!
    MoooOooOoo damnit!!
    -SkrUboL
    www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte166q

I dont think vettes are as cheap in england as they are in the US. I bet he could get a better deal on a Porsche.

Call your local car-chip trimmer, or what you call them, they can give you advice on what easy o/c-models there is. My brother turned his family Saab into a family rocket that way.
    These guys are really our car o/c counter-part.

Thanks for the posts guys.
    Yea, I have looked at a few other cars, but I just love the 944, for no apparent reason!?!
    Ok, I'm a sucker

Minton

PS. are the 944's ok on fuel and are reliable? I don't wanna have to spend another load of cash on it if I get one.

PPS. How about the 924's? They're lots cheaper, but look a little ****

I have a Toyata Camry, and the engine sucks!!! I love to do that smiley now!!

------------------
    No matter what a hooker tells you, there is no sex in the Champagne room.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

to quote Neal Stephenson, i'm driving a "bimbo box" at the moment (a Volvo Turbo Wagon), but i'm currently saving up for either a p1mped out 2000 Jetta GLX VR6 or i'll save a bit longer and try for a Shelby cobra.... man those cars rock!!!

of course, my dream would be to replace the drivetrain and tranny in my volvo wagon with a 3 rotor wankel engine and a 6 speed manual (prolly Borg-Warner short throw)

------------------
    Damn, OCing is taking over my life... I ordered an Iced Athy Latte at Starbucks the other day!!!
    No Rules, No Ads, No BS....

The Overclockers Network

Just add nitrous injectors and replace the transmission in a month when it wears out.

------------------
    MooOoo!
    MoooOooOoo damnit!!
    -SkrUboL
    www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte166q

chcr is offline lemme offa this ride!!!!!
    MINTON-- I've known three people who owned 924's, and two of them died (cars, not owners). The freaking crank broke in three places on one. I don't believe I can recommend one in good conscience.

------------------
    We're all bozos on this bus.
    Things equal to other things are not necessarily the same.

Thread Information