Worst luck on an Athlon - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst luck on an Athlon

No it's not the last two digits. It's the two digits which come after the "99" which refers to the year 1999 when it was manufactured. On my week 32 it looks like this:

skru, think you got it bad?

i've got a week 36 500 that turned out to be a 550 w/ 3.6ns core

oh well, better luck next time

------------------
    Damn, OCing is taking over my life... I ordered an Iced Athy Latte at Starbucks the other day!!!
    No Rules, No Ads, No BS....

The Overclockers Network

U sure? In that case I've got a week 39... Who the hell told me it was the last number?? I've been jipped!

------------------
    MooOoo!
    MoooOooOoo damnit!!
    -SkrUboL
    www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte166q

If it was the last two digits I would have a week 93!

Hmm....my o/c-ed Althon is a week 37 with 600/3.6ns core. It's running at 700Mhz 1/2 L2 cache at 1.7 Volts. Very stable at about 38 degree celius on average with very good ventilation.

I am thinking if buying that weird looking circular CPU cooling device to bring the temperature down to 34 or 35 degree celius. Will the device do that?
    Lara...will you marry me?

You may be thinking of the Arctic Circle Cooler from Montac: http://www.montac.com/ . I have one of them and it's great. I'm very impressed with the amount of airflow this cooler pushes around not just on the CPU but the L2 cache, motherboard chipset and a large area around. My motherboard chipset has been cooled by about 2-3 degrees C and my CPU is currently running at 43 degrees C. It's Summer here in Australia so the temperatures are hotter then usual.

If i didn't have a watercooler on the core and 144cfm of airflow on the cache/chipset, i'd go with the Article Circle too, but as it is... i like where i am

------------------
    Damn, OCing is taking over my life... I ordered an Iced Athy Latte at Starbucks the other day!!!

The Overclockers Network

Wow! 43C is that safe? I've never encounterd a CPU temp that went beyond 40C!

Well, yes, it's the Arctic Air Cooler. My hesitation is that I have to remove the plastic/Alumimum casing of the CPU. You see..someone else did the o/c-ing for me. I'm no expert in pling open the CPU :-{
    But the device sure looks "cool".

Hey, how come they do not have the Iced Athy Latte at Starbucks in Taipei?? Sounds like a potent drink. I think I need one every morning b4 work begins :-]
    Lara...will you marry me?

Mmmmm... small silicon beans ground up and the perculated (sp?) to make espresso

of course, then you have to add steamed milk to get the latte...

throw it in a frappacino (damn those things are addicting... DON'T START IF YOU HAVEN'T HAD ONE!!!) cup w/ ice and you're set!

------------------

The Overclockers Network

Just take a screwdriver to the plastic part and start prying to get it off. Each of the 4 corners has a metal pin sticking into the plastic. Most likely some of the pins will slip out, some of the sockets will break. MAke sure not to put the screwdriver in too far as then you might hit the PCB, and that would be bad. To get the metal piece off that is a little tougher. It's not too hard, you just have to be VERY careful. You should try to do it with needle nose pliers. Use a small screwdriver if necesarry, but make sure to pry outward, so if you slip it will do less damage. Don't rush. That's the most important thing.

------------------
    MooOoo!
    MoooOooOoo damnit!!
    -SkrUboL
    www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte166q

Thread Information