How to overclock Athlon500?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: How to overclock Athlon500?

How to overclock Athlon500?

!Attention all Athlon owners!and overclockers.
    what would be the easiest way to overclock Athlon500 to 600.i have heard somekind of device that should make it,but is that device neccesary?I mean can i overclock it with my bear-hands.

Bear-hands no.
    If you put overclocking device in your hands yes.

If you put SMD solder in your hands yes.

Whay to overclock? This is whay not from toms hardware guide:

I can't say it often enough, BE CAREFUL! Start this procedure only if you have experience with SMD-soldering! You require a professional heat-adjustable soldering iron with a very fine tip. Use a very fine tool to keep the SMD-resistor in place, don't overheat the PCB, don't scratch around on it, don't rip off a half-soldered SMD-resistor, because it kills the PCB, and be careful that your SMD-part doesn't stick to the tip of your soldering iron!
    Don't do it if you feel insecure in any way! Don't do it altogether as long as you haven't got a damn good reason to increase the performance of your Athlon. In most cases Athlon performs better than anything else anyway. Don't do it just for fun and don't think that it increases your pecker-size in any way. Even the crazy die-hard overclockers should have learned that by now. You ARE risking the life of your CPU! Don't ever forget that!

END

Thread Information