P3B-F or an Abit?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: P3B-F or an Abit?

P3B-F or an Abit?

Me again

IF I were tobuy a new Mobo....which should I go for?? What Abit is the best...or is the P3B-F better?

Thanks

Migrane

I had really bad experience with the P3B-F so I would right out recommend the Abit. Some people have had really good luck with the P3B-F's but I think you have to be lucky?

In my book, any Abit board over the P3B-F is a good choice.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Sorry to have to disagreed with you, ToolBox, but I am having a bad experience with BF6 right now, and I had a P3BF before. My P3BF ran my PIII 500 at 620 stable and my BF6 isn't stable at 620 and doesn't like 600 either. Maybe I got lucky with my P3BF or something, but this was my experience and my two cent.

I cant Comment on the Abit Mobo...but Im a Real asus man....and they havent let me down yet....Did two P3b-f about one month ago and they O/C real nice.

I may be biased but, asus has been good to me.

------------------
    Live hard! Die young and leave a good looking corpse.
    "HEY! WHO are all you people and WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BATHROOM?"

I love my BF-6. Not a single complaint here.

Well, I had both P3BF and BF6 so I wouldn't consider myself to be bias. My P3BF was way more stable than my BF6. This is kinda outta left field but my friend's Soyo 6BA +IV is pretty stable too. On my P3BF my PIII 500 wouldn't even post at 667. But on his 6BA+IV my PIII 500 posted and loaded half way into window98 before the registry checker kicked in ... not bad, eh?

I also have BF6 and i cant say anything bad about it. Running Celery 366 on 606 Mhz, no problems.

My P3b-f runs flawlessly and stably at 600Mhz. I don't face any problem at all!

Somewhere between Purgatory and Hell called Ohio
    I say wait alittle while. The P3B-F is aging and the next generation motherboards are starting to show up. Wait and see what ASUS, ABIT, and SOYO do next before you buy something that is a year old or more.

------------------
    Hardward Central ICQ active list is rockin', add it to your ICQ. ActiveList #57497564
    -Goff

In my opinion neither. If you're on a budget, get a Soyo. If you've got plenty of cash and want the most stable motherboard there is, get an AOpen.

I'm not saying that either Asus or Abit are no good, they both make excellent motherboards. But Soyo is pretty much the equal of Abit for overclocking and their boards are more stable. And if you're focused more on quality, Asus is good but AOpen is better.
    1.Old Antec Case, Asus PC-DL, 2 x 1.6 LV D1 Xeons @ 3 GHz, 2GB Corsair PC3200 @ 200 MHz, Chaintech 6800 128MB AGP

2. Old Crap Beige Case, Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H, Core i3 530, 4GB CL8 OCZ DDR3-1600, eVGA GTX465

3. Asus Pundit mATX Case, MSI AMD Zacate E350/dual core E350IS-E45 mini-ITX, 4GB CL9 Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333, LG Blu Ray/HD DVD & DVD Burner

Thread Information