C400@600 - How can I test stability
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: C400@600 - How can I test stability

C400@600 - How can I test stability

I've had my C400@600 for about 2 hour and temps are staying low (CPU 29C/84F)but I am using a program called "Rain V1.0". Specs for O/C are fsb 100Mhz,pci 1/3,agp 2/3 and voltage at 2.2volts on an Abit BE6 MOBO using std intel hs/fan combo and an additional lower case fan.

I have two questions.

Q1/ Can someone tell me if I should be using a program like rain and should I beleive the temps that it achieves given that it was at 38C/98F prior to using it?

Q2/ How can I really test it stability if I have no software available for this purpose? In other words how can I get it for free by downloading it?

Thanx

[suggestion]For you're question of stability. If you have a good agp card try 3dmark 2000. Or a looped Quake 3 demo would be better. You can get 3dmark 2000 from http://c140733-b.alntn1.tx.home.com/downloads.htm .[/suggestion]

------------------
    Check out the overclockers club at: http://overclockers.tsx.org/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

I told you 400@600 were a good bet.

Good Luck on the stability.

------------------
    I am Luke-Skywalker in another life, err Millenium
    I am Luke-Skywalker in another life, err Millenium

Thanx for the advice. Seems stable doing the thing I normally do but havent ran any heavy duty tests yet.

Got my fingers crossed................

Heey. I have a c400 to, but I was unable to make it work at 600 with l2 cache enabled. You hit 600 with l2 cache enabled or disabled?
    My c400@543 stays at 29c too using the same rain 1.0 but this is not representative. Try to run crusher.dm2 a few times (at least 20-30 min) or q3demo1 and check your temp again. Mine goes up to 39 and only one it went to 40c.
    In Harlem

I think its enabled (if thats the default setting) because all I did was put a fan in the case, loaded "Rain v2.0" (updated since original post), set bios softmenuII settings on my BE6 as previously outlined and then just gradually upped the voltage in small bits until Windoze loaded without errors, that occured at cpu core voltage of 2.2v (2.21v to be exact using sisoft 99).

BTW using 64 Mb PC100 hyundai RAM with a TNT2 32Mb AGP video card and an ATA66 Fireball IDE HDD and also a generic 32bit soundcard.

Hey you made me really curious now. You can check if l2 cache is enabled in the hardware table where you also can see cpu speed, hdd and cdrom size and pio mode, udma mode etc., after the first post (cpu detection, memory test, keyboard etc.)
    And btw, please your sisoft sandra results.(cpu, mmx, memory)
    In Harlem

I dont really know exactly what you want and/or how to get the info but here is some details that I can work out.

Dhrystone: 1638MIPS
    Whetstone: 807MFLOPS
    CPU: 602Mhz
    PR Rating: 722
    CPU load: 100%
    Threads: 48

BTW the L2 is enabled.

sorry I couldnt help but im only new to this and to sisoft but I am willing to help if you can just tell me how to do it.

Ok no problem I'm new here too. You told me almost everything I wanted to know, except mmx and memory test. In sssandra you have another 2 benchmarking tests : Cpu multimedia (or something like that) and Memory benchmark. Please run those 2 and post the results.
    And btw can you tell me again what sort of cooling do you use (except std cpu fan)? You keep you case close or open? What is your room temp, etc.
    Thanks in advance...
    In Harlem

Download SETI, it is an excelent stability test, since it runs your CPU @ 100% for hours.. you can get it at
    www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu good luck!

------------------
    ~{*SPEED LIMIT 1000MHZ*}~

[This message has been edited by AMD100 (edited 12-29-99).]

[This message has been edited by AMD100 (edited 12-29-99).]
    <<>*My Stuff*<>>
    6300 Core2Duo@2065 Mhz
    ASrock 775Dual-VSTA
    2GB DDR Dual Channel
    2 WD 150 7200 Raid 0
    XFX 6600GT @ 550/1100

Thread Information