Cooling the Coppermine 500E
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Cooling the Coppermine 500E

Cooling the Coppermine 500E

what type of cooling are you using with this chip, I just ordered mine so haven't gotten it yet (comes tomorrow), but I've heard the slotket adapter gets in the way of putting on a fan, etc. I was looking into going Peltier if it will fit on the chip. the mb is Abit BE6-II, 128mb ram, scsi hd, video card is G200 now, looking to buy the G400, also have Obsidian dual voodoo setup.

I dont know why a SECCII heatsink wouldn't fit on a slotket but Alpha makes a good Socket 7 heatsink too. No reason a peltier wouldn't fit but they are hard to get working right. Good luck over-clocking that thing!! Let us know how it turns out.
    If it ain't broke, tweak it!!

As far as cooling a socket/ < no clue.. I do know about peltiers tho... as to g400, I just got a 32mb vanilla at www.pcprogress , 165 bucks.. You can clock it to 150/200, with a decent cooler on it, it just comes with a huge heatsink....( 300mhz )

------------------
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

PIII500E is very overclockable. I'm only using the factory heatsink for my PIII500E@750MHz. Just wipe off the thermal patch with rubbing alcohol and use thermal grease instead.

Hey let me know how goes the progress, I should be getting a 500 or 550E soon. And if anyone knows where to find a good waterblock that will attach to the slocketII let me know, as I currently have a watercooled peltier and don't want to waste that rig!

Hehehe.... She's a girl... hehehe *blush*

------------------
    If it ain't broke, break it!
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Thread Information