PII 350mhz
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: PII 350mhz

PII 350mhz

can i overclock an PII 350mhz proc. i have an aopen ax6b mobo.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Yes you can overclock the PII 350. In your motherboard manual you will find something on jumper settings. To overclock you need to change the jumper settings on the motherboard. Right now your jumper should be set to a 100MHz front side bus (FSB) and to overclock you need to raise the speed of the FSB. Your motherboard should have a setting of 112MHz FSB. Change it to that first. If its running, keep it at that. You have just overclocked your processor to 392MHz. If it does not work when you turn it back on, you must change the voltage in the chip. I do not know much about Aopen and PIIs but to get it to work you need to raise the voltage up .1 volts. Read how to do this in your motherboards manual. Be careful though if you can get it to work at higher voltage, then the extra electricity creates more heat, so you might need a bigger heatsink. You only need a bigger heatsink if while your processor perfoming operations it just spontaniously reboots or your screen turns blue. One more thing about working inside your case, make sure you dont work on carpet, and make sure that one part of your body is always touching the case and a part of your body is touching the ground. If you do not do this, you have the chance of ruining some components. This is because of static electricity. Got all that? Good.

------------------
    No matter what a hooker tells you, there is absolutely no sex in the champagne room.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

My PII 350 was just fine at 392 (3.5X112) with standard processor case & fan. You will however require more cooling to go higher safely. If you go higher make sure you try to keep the PCI bus and AGP bus (if you have an AGP card) as close to 33mhz(pci) and 66mhz(agp) as you can. Do be aware that once you start overclocking it's like a drug. I'm now currently running this:-

PII 350mhz @ 501mhz (3.5X143)
    Abit BF6(latest bios)
    320mb total SDRAM
    (64mb PC 100 generic,Toshiba chips)
    (256mb PC 133 Mushkin 5ns)
    Voodoo 3 2000 AGP o/c'd to 176mhz, appears happy with 95mhz AGP bus
    SoundBlaster Live
    Air cooling with Alpha and very good case circulation (9 fans in total, (3DFX cool),max temps, CPU 30C, SYS 28C, V3 43C)

100% stable in all applications for 7weeks now

Good luck........BladeRunner

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 12-22-99).]

Thanx it worked, now im going to get mme a nice cooling system.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Thread Information