Is SiSoftSandra stupid or it's me...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Is SiSoftSandra stupid or it's me...

Hybrid View

Is SiSoftSandra stupid or it's me...

2 Q 4 U

I:

So I have two versions of SSS. One it's called SSS Professional and one Standard. I belive that SSS Standard is newer cause it's database is more recent (it compares my system w P III 500, while Pro compares it w P II 450). And now my problem: I have a Msi6163 Pro mobo and a cel400@543. So SSS Pro detects my AGP Bus frq @ 61 Mhz (2x=122)while SSS Std detects AGP Bus @ 91 (fsb bus)
    If so then this is the cause it freezes when i try 570 (it would mean that agp is running at 95x2=190 ). So I don't know what to belive. Wich SSS is telling the truth? What is really outstanding is that if i try 100 fsb (l2 cache disabled) then SSS Std detects my agp 2x as 200 Mhz. So maybe my agp multiplier is stucked to 1/1. In Bios setup there is no posibility to change the agp or pci multiplier.

II:

In my mobo's bios setup, in cpu plug and play III, when I select manually the fsb for some fsbs I have 2 variants. For ex. for 100 Mhz fsb I have: 100/33 (On)
    100/33 (Off)
    Anyone can explain to me the meening of "On" or "Off"
    Thanks in advance
    In Harlem

I know what you're talking about. Sandra is telling the truth, if you look closely it says "AGP Data Transfer Speed". It doesn't mean that your AGP video card is running at that speed, just that the data transfer is taking place at that speed. The AGP bus speed is equal to your FSB speed until you change the AGP divider from 1/1 to 2/3. It appears that you need to reduce the AGP speed by switching to 2/3 AGP clock setting.Your AGP bus needs to stay near 66mhz ( Sandra would say its 133mhz "data transfer") Sandra says this because your AGP transfer speed is set to 2X, this doesn't make the card run at 133 or faster, it just looks that way. On your second question,I have no idea what "on" and "off" refer to.

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b! (edited 12-21-99).]

Not sure here havn't got any expirience with msi mobos but couldn't it mean on or off as in divider on or off??? test it when not OC in sandra...but kep in mind the difference in agp bus speed and transfer speed as TN said...

------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...

* OCN Hellspawn *
    ------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...

Thank you TN. I got it. One more thing. There is no option in Bios that allows me to change the speed multiplier to 2/3 (to reduce from 1/1). Is there any way to do this from soft?
    In Harlem

Thread Information