Intel PIII, Celeron or K-7?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Intel PIII, Celeron or K-7?

Intel PIII, Celeron or K-7?

I'm trying to help a friend picking parts for a new 'puter. Question is.. Which cpu do you recommend? We're not talking a super-high budget.. Rather like the K-7 500mHz, or something else, about as expensive. But do you think a PIII is a better buy? Since you need a special mobo for the K-7 and everything? Advantages and disadvantages?
    Merry Christmas people!

You'd think that would be a good question to ask here, but in all actuality that is one of the WORST questions you can ask. It will basically spark another war.

War? If U give rigt ansver I doubt.

PIII is the choice for profesionals becaus of the best support.

Athlon is super fast computer but motherboards are still not very good for bilding a big busines computer , very good for home PC and great investment for the future.

Celeron? If U buy celeron for home use, gaming and other stuf it would be probobly the best and cheap choice.

I have Athlon and K62 and old AMD DX4100 and I can say that AMD CPU-s are great and I think same for Intel.

Just do not bee brand fan.

Jeffy79 Guest
    IF you do get a athlon wait for the epox, or get a MSI and use the reccomended ram that amd has on their site.

The best P3 board is abit and same goes with celeron. I reccomend the abit with any p3 or celeron, good for o/cing....

Jeff

------------------
    "That's my story and im stickin to it!"

[This message has been edited by Jeffy79 (edited 12-21-99).]

I'd go with a cheap Celeron system. Stable and cheap is the name of the game if you're looking for a basic, non-gaming computer. I'd like my K6-2 300 and FIC VA-503+ to death if it weren't for the damn AGP imcompatabilities.

Check out pricewatch for cheap CPU's and base the system around it, as the motherboard isn't going to swing much more that $25 from CPU type to type.

------------------
    David Peters
    "If it's not on fire, it's a software problem."

David Peters
    "If it's not on fire, it's a software problem."

Thread Information