CU700 or 733 When Prices drop....
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: CU700 or 733 When Prices drop....

CU700 or 733 When Prices drop....

I'm gonna get a slot 1 coppermine when the prices come down a hundred or so, I wanna see if I can hit the 1 gig barrier... Any 1 have 1 of these Clocked yet??If so, on what board please... I'd like to try it on the soyo6vba133 if possible.. 1 more thing, when I do upgrade, which I hope is in a month or less...I'll be lookin for a home for my p3 450 that hits 155 fsb..This isn't an add.. just a fact

------------------
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

How long until they go down to $100 two years?

------------------
    No matter what a hooker tells you, there is absolutely no sex in the champagne room. There is champagne in the champagne room, but you want sex.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

LOL/ Let me re-phrase that... When they come down in PRICE a $ 100 or so..... Thanx for pointing that out SAD

------------------

Take a look here.Is it in french but it has some interesting screenshots
    http://www.hardware-fr.com/cpu/penti...view/page2.htm

Yeh that french Gig web page is a little pointless though as the L2 cache is dissabled and they are using a 7.5 mulitplier.

I've got a 700E on it's way so once I'm happy it has no faults, (boot bug) etc I'll be voiding the warrenty and seeing what it will do. I'll keep you posted.

Also don't be fooled by the 733EB being the fastest it's really a 550 on a 133fsb (5.5X133)=733. Intel will most likley be doing that with the 700 in the not to distant future. (7X133)=933. Eh? I can do that myself (I hope)
    ..................BladeRunner

Bladerunner, Be interesting to hear how you do with the new 1, Keep us posted < jealous > ..lol

------------------

I just got my new Maximum PC (I subscribe) and check out the benchmarks of these Coppermine Systems
    Dell:
    bootMark 355
    SYSMark 98 277
    Newtek Inspire 3d(seconds) 293
    Photoshop (seconds) 97

Micron:
    bootMark 385
    SYSMark 98 277
    Newtek Inspire 3D 279
    Photoshop 88.5

It looks as Intel is shaping up to be a good company.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

I just got my new Maximum PC (I subscribe) and check out the benchmarks of these Coppermine Systems
    Dell:
    bootMark 355
    SYSMark 98 277
    Newtek Inspire 3d(seconds) 293
    Photoshop (seconds) 97

Micron:
    bootMark 385
    SYSMark 98 277
    Newtek Inspire 3D 279
    Photoshop 88.5

It looks as Intel is shaping up to be a good company.

------------------
    No matter what a hooker tells you, there is absolutely no sex in the champagne room.

Jeffy79 Guest
    What kind of cooling did they use though? I doubt that chip used regular if so I want to see it for myself. I would bet more that you could hit 1ghz easier with a athlon 750 than a coppermine. The reason I say this is because the limit for the coppermine is around 900mhz and anything over that would be pushing it. Maybe im wrong maybe im not but thats what ive heard...

Jeff

P.S. cpumark is not a good benchmark, depends on your system setup that determines your score.

------------------
    "That's my story and im stickin to it!"

Thread Information