Don't hate me but.....
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't hate me but.....

Don't hate me but.....

Don't hate me all of you PIII users when I say this. But for some strange reason I just can't stand PIIIs. I like Cellys and Athlons better. I might start to like PIIIs if the coppermine is a good CPU. But all of you PIII users probably hate us BP6 and dual celly users.

------------------
    Weren't you supposed to be the test chamber a half hour ago?
    Ahhhhhh!!!!! I knew we couldn't create a resonance cascade!!!
    Thank goodness you're here!!
    -Famous scientist words

Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

I don't see a benefit in dual celeron. I would probably do better with one because one of my 2 can overclock better. I just don't have anything to do with the second so I leave it in.

------------------
    www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored
    Are You Bored?

I'm not racist! I have a color TV!

www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored

OK, what is the point to this dumb *** post! Who cares if you don't like PIIIs. First off, you don't give any reasons why you don't like them, you just say you don't. Secondly, what is the point of this post. Are you just trying to start a fight or what?

LaoChe, when I first viewed this topic, I wondered that myself. But I thought I'd let it go, couldn't be bothered getting involved.

I don't like multi-grain bread because the seedy bits get stuck in my teeth. But why should anyone give a damn???

Im not a big PIII fan for 2 reasons:

COST

EMbeded Serial Number

Oh....make that three,

COST!!!!!!!!

------------------
    Live hard! Die young and leave a good looking corpse.
    "HEY! WHO are all you people and WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BATHROOM?"

Does anyone remember the "The Voodoo3 is the best video card ever!!" thread from a few months ago?

------------------
    Mike
    www.monster-machines.com
    Mike
    Mechanical Engineer
    Dell Computer Corporation
    Server Development

A P3 costs $250 and up. A Celery costs less than $100. Thats the only reason I avoid the P3. If they cost a hundred bucks, I'd be running 2 P3's on my BP6. Uh, when they make a reverse Slotket. A KetSlot, perhaps?

I don't like the PIII for three reasons:
    1. Too expensive.
    2. Multiplier is locked (it is on Celeron also)
    3. They start out with a 100MHz FSB so if you wanna overclock it, you probably need to buy more expensive RAM.

Those are my reasons for not liking them. Didn't I say don't hate me? I was just voicing my opinion.

------------------
    -Famous scientist words

Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

hey CDS what are you using for your internet connection. I have heard that anyone using cable, dsl, or the like with a network card leaves the same SN that the P3 leave.

I dislike them because of the high price that Intel wants. now AMD is doing the same. just look at the prices on athlons and then look at the k6-2 prices.

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

By the way, I wasnt here a few months ago. I've only been using this forum for a month. What was the Voodoo3 is the best video card ever about? Why would anyone say that? Now I'm gonna have more people pissed at me for saying that the Voodoo3 isn't a very good card. I don't hate 3Dfx because I run a Voodoo2 and a TNT2. I actually love my Voodoo2. I'm gonna get another and link them up in SLI. I like good stuff for cheap. Thats why I love my Voodoo2 1000. They are about $70 now and they are still good boards since I play Glide games.

------------------
    -Famous scientist words

SSP - the problem is that you made a very biased statement without either a reason for your beliefs or a quesiton for anyone. It basically smacks of a post trying to start a flame war - I'm not saying that is your intention, but that is how it can easily be interpreted. You may want to be careful about that

To those that don't like the P3 due to cost - that doesn't make it a bad cpu, it just makes it an expensive cpu. It is still a very good processor.

CDS - yeah, the p3 has the serial number, but so does every netowrk card - it's called the mac address. You can't do anything about it if you are running any m$ os. You can be easily identified by that if you are on a cable modem, since you need a nic card for that
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

How can you hate a "Thing"? Do you realize you used the term "can't stand" to express your own feelings while attributing "Hate" to others. Why is that? Is there a difference? Are you a Liberal? After all as we all know Liberals "can't stand" while Conservatives and the Uneducated "Hate".
    flagreen

Disclaimer - This response has nothing whatsoever to do with overclocking but then again neither does this entire thread.

(Yes - My tongue is firmly planted within my cheek!)

[This message has been edited by flagreen (edited 12-17-99).]

noticed that one of you didn┤t like the pIII because it had an embeded serial number. I think I shall point out that all of your network cards got an number that is unique in the world........conspiracy theory anyone?

I have a bp6 with 2, celery 300a's @ 450 and let me tell you Q3 rocks with the SMP support enabled. I will post before SMP and after fps results later, I am at work.

------------------
    ▄berUnter
    ▄berUnter

I could care less with that embeded serial number. I have a cable modem and it leaves enough of a path for any one to follow me. just be ware when you find me I will have a 12 guage shot gun waitin for yuo.
    whatever

Thread Information