Tired of 550, lookin for some peltier action
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Tired of 550, lookin for some peltier action

Tired of 550, lookin for some peltier action

non freezer, thats not into playin games.. sounds like a personal add.

But seriously I have a week 35 366cel on an abit bh6, w/ an abit slotket @ 103fsb, w/ fep32.
    Will not go any higher, rephrase will post but crashes at the splash screen even after uping voltage.
    I want to try using a peltier BUT, I don't know how to mount one so that condensation is not a proble or what watt to get or where to get a cold plate... Or how to do it in general.

I understand all the concepts but am aliitle green on the execution. I've read everyones cooloing projects like TN's, Duc's, Jopey's, Toolbox's.... and I would like a little guidance PLEASE..

T.I.A

Argo
    Hey hey hey Hee hee hee look at me I'm the flying pig?

K.I.T.H
    I love the Chicken Lady

Condensation only occurs when an object is lower in temp than the surrounding air. If you plan to cool that CPU to less than room temperature, you will need to do something about the moisture. The most common way to avoid condensation is to prevent ALL contact with outside air. Lots of insulation is the best way. A bad insulation job will only hide the water from your eyes, it'll still be in there causing damage. The reason you aren't getting many replies is because there are so few people using peltiers. I'm not, so I can't help you very much.

Argo,
    Hey I'm using a watercooled peltier that usually stays around -3C at idle. As you can guess that kinda worried me to start with. But the easiest wat to do it is find some styrophome packaging (from like an old TV box) and cut it to accommodate the peltier and cpu, make 2 halves and either glue or tape them together with box tape. Also, one of my orgininal ideas was to smear a healthy coat of non-cunductive thermal paste over all of the exposed parts, this worked but proved very messy and a bit expensive because I took it out too much.
    Also, www.frostyfox.com has a good condensation article on, and this guy has had experience with some cold SH*T!

BTW, I got my peltier, cold plate, and some free insulation from Tom Leufkens, you should be able to find a link on www.overclockers.com. Whole thing cost about $20. Feel free to email me with questions.
    ------------------
    If it ain't broke, break it!

[This message has been edited by Swedishlf (edited 12-17-99).]
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

I think I'm gonna give it the old college try. I still am wondering what watt pltr to get? My system (cpu)runs idle at about 28 cel 82.4f and the room temp is about 73f. What watt should I get. I don't want to go too drastic below room Temp. But I dont' know the relation between watts and avg temp??

------------------

K.I.T.H
    I love the Chicken Lady

K.I.T.H
    I love the Chicken Lady

Argo go here there is a spread sheet on how to decide how much watts you are gonna need.

overclockers.com/

you will have to scroll down throught thier index page till you find it under CPU heat production updated.

[This message has been edited by jopey (edited 12-17-99).]
    whatever

Exactly what I was lookin for.
    Thnks jopey.

Gonna start this week since clases are over.
    Finals are a *****!

K.I.T.H
    I love the Chicken Lady

Thread Information