Overclocking Celeron 400 with Abit BE6.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Overclocking Celeron 400 with Abit BE6.

Overclocking Celeron 400 with Abit BE6.

Hi,

I've just bought a Abit BE6 and a Celeron 400. what can I espect for overclocking for such stub (max CPU speed ?).
    Where can I found info on it ?
    thanks,
    Olivier.

I get 450 out of my C400 with no extra cooling. I can get 500 out of it, but it needs a bigger heat sink/fan combo. I've heard tell you can get 550 or 600, but never seen it myself. Check out overclockers.com. They have a database of O/C speeds people have gotten.

------------------
    Support bacteria -- they're the only culture some people have.

Where am I going? -- And why am I in this handbasket?

450 is default o/c value, whilst 500 is getting a bit of luck. 600 is freakish, 619 (turbo)is outlandish and 672 is unheard of.

I can get mine to boot at 700, but is only stable at 619 at 2.3 v.
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

i've got a similar setup chips a socket 370 on a ppga card. currently its at 500 mhz but it wont start at anything higher. anybody got any ideas as to how to push it higher still??????????????????????????

Mosher,
    You would need to raise the voltage .1, if you do that you need a bigger heatsink/fan or if that doesnt work go up to 2.2 and you need better cooling. Probably not if your using a malaysian or costa rican celleron. For some strange reason they are better at overclocking. On my BP6 I have a malaysian and a costa rican celleron. Their defaults are 366 but i can get them stable at 550 with a middle of the line heatsink. A $15 one.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

I'm not sure what the Luke is talking about, but I got my cel400 (oem no less!) to 600mhz, with only air cooling! Below is my setup:

cel400@600mhz
    Asus P3B-F mobo
    Voodoo 3 2000 Agp video card
    IBM 15gig hard drive
    64 megs pc 100 ram
    Soho 10/100 Fast Ethernet card
    Cyrstal audio card (generic, but works! )
    50x generic cdrom

Fans consist of one in the power supply blowing out, one below the p/s blowing out, two in the front bottom blowing in, two thermals on a modified PII heat sink, one fan mounted on a special modified bracket blowing straight into the cpu.

Only changes in the bios were the voltage to 2.1v, and enabling the ECC check on the L2 cache. Rock solid, and not a single BSD yet !!!

------------------
    "Badges?!?! We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

I'm not sure what the Luke is talking about, but I got my cel400 (oem no less!) to 600mhz, with only air cooling! Below is my setup:

cel400@600mhz
    Asus P3B-F mobo
    Voodoo 3 2000 Agp video card
    IBM 15gig hard drive
    64 megs pc 100 ram
    Soho 10/100 Fast Ethernet card
    Cyrstal audio card (generic, but works! )
    50x generic cdrom

Fans consist of one in the power supply blowing out, one below the p/s blowing out, two in the front bottom blowing in, two thermals on a modified PII heat sink, one fan mounted on a special modified bracket blowing straight into the cpu. Running rain, temp at 80 F, running Quake III or Unreal, temp at about 112 F.

Only changes in the bios were the voltage to 2.1v, and enabling the ECC check on the L2 cache. Rock solid, and not a single BSD yet !!!

------------------

Oops!

Famous Last Words: General Custer at Little Big Horn - "They sure do look friendly to me!"

------------------

I hava a Msi6163 pro mobo and I keep my 400 cel @543(90fsb- you coud try this if your mobo supports it). It is also rock stable @570(95fsb). I still prefer 543 couse it make me more confortable. I did not increase my voltage or anything. Some guys consider me lucky. Still I have 11 fans runing in my case. I consider very important a good circulation of the air. So I have 2 fans blowing the air from outside to inside that r positioned to the bottom of the case (where the cold air should be), 2 fans that blow over my cpu and video card, one on my video card, 2 on my cpu (like an sandwich), 3 sucking the air from the top of my case (where the hot air rises) and 1 at my source. Also I have a lot of thermal paste on my cel and 2 radiators on my video card memories(I o/c my Creative Tnt2 Value 125 core @ 150 and 150 mem @ 183)
    With all that My case stays to max 35c, video 35c and cpu 39c.
    I mention that except the cpu fan(a 6000 rpm one) and the source fan everything is "home made"
    In Harlem

well The BE6 only offeres 66/75/83/100 and then some. unless it is the legandary BE6r2. slap it to 100mhz FSB and see if she goes. then try uppin the voltage. if that doesn't work. slap it with some winterchillin!!!

home.rochester.rr.com/winterchiller/
    whatever

Thread Information