Where do you think the "multiplier lock" is? - Page 4
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Where do you think the "multiplier lock" is?

-

[This message has been edited by auxois (edited 12-03-99).]

LaoChe,

The SS is more of a collectors item, sort of an exclusivity(is that a word?) thing. As far as speed and HP goes, the SS is the same as the Z-28 with a few exceptions: 3" cat-back exhaust, ram-air airbox assembly, Torsen rear differential, 17" ZR-1 style wheels, stiffer suspension, and Hurst short-throw shifter. There are also a couple body differences, such as Ram-air hood(looks cool), and more pronounced rear spoiler. The SS package is around $4000 on top of a Z-28 price(for only about 20hp more), but for $4000 you could add a hell of alot of mods to a regular Z-28 and it would be way faster than a stock SS, heck I have added 55hp or so, for under $2000. I would say if you are concerned with speed only, go with the Z-28, and use the money you saved to modify the crap out of it. However, if looks and exclusiveness are more important, go with the SS. Or, you could do what I want to do: Get the SS and modify it.

Check out http://www.f-body.org/ for Camaro mailing lists(I have lots of friends there, been a member since '95), but stay away from the newsgroups, they have way too much misinformation. Also, you can check out irc #f-bodies on wasteland(sahara.wasteland.org, frozen.wasteland.org, etc.). Good luck!

Since were talking about cars here, I'd like either a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI or a Nissan Skyline GTR please - these 2 will blow Camaros, Fords etc etc AWAY!
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+, Abit KR7A-R, 512MB PC2700 DDR CAS2, 2x IBM 30.6GXP running RAID 0, Asus GeForce2 MX, Hercules GameTheater XP, SMC 1210TX Nic...

Jamesy the Camaros range in price from $15,000-$32,000. The Skyline GTR is a $85,000 car. If your talking about cars in that price range I'll take a Viper GTS and kick the crap out of your little Japanese car. I like some of the Japanese cars ( 300ZX, NSX ) but those cars are just damn ugly. And the only way Japanese auto makers get that kind of speed out of those little cars is by adding turbo ( or even twin turbo ). That is kind of weak, don't you think? After all, imagine if Chevrolet put twin turbos on a 1999 Vette!

Oh and Auxois, thanks for the advise. I'll go with the SS and modify it later. And if you are thinking about getting and SS or any Camaro or Firebird, you better get it next year, since they will be discontinuing them in 2000. That is why I'm going to try and get one next year.

hell if you are talkin that kind of money...I want a 99 Saleen Mustang s351. It will blow the doors off just about any car on the road. and for 50k I will have money for spare parts cause I will beat the living **** out of it.

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

For that kind of money I will take a 95+ Camaro ZL-1, 527cid(8.6L) v8 big block, still fuel injected, and all fitting under a slighty raised hood. 725hp ad runs the 1/4 at 10.x @ 140mph or so, on street tires!(385mm wide tires!) and its totally streetable, NOT some kind of drag car with no interior and skinnies up front. Also you can autocross with it(its got awesome handling, again, NOT just a drag car). ;P

Oh, btw, the Camaro is contracted through the factory until at least 2002, GM released a press statement saying the rumors of it going away in 2000 were untrue. Okay, I'll shut up about Camaros now.

I aggree with TN, about Gm. I also heard that they have used up all of thier EPA fuel milage credits and they have to do something to get thier overall Rating up to standards. They just make to many gas guzzlers. I say go with the fords. They are better anyways. just like Intel's are better than AMD's

And auxois That S351 by saleen is a 100% streetable car with all the factory options avaible.

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

Jopey,

My car gets 30mpg on the highway 20 in the city, hardly a gas guzzler, SUVs eat WAY more gas than that. And that S351 has no where near 725hp, and it has a blower, the ZL1 is all motor baby.

Fords are just better? You are kidding, right?

Yeah; well I think this will kick the @$$ of anyone who will try to drag against it. My uncle in NY has a '99 Lingefeilter Firebird with a dual turbocharged and 580+ HP. It has a 3.73-11 rearend and a 6-speed Ret-Trole tranny. In October, he took it on a road trip with his wife to "The Strip" in Arizona. He has a lidar printout showing a 9.82 qtr mile. And that is only the beginning. If you know ANYTHING about the Lingefeilters, then you know what I'm talkin' about. These cars kick some serious @$$. But hell, for a 79K sticker price, you better get results like this.

------------------
    The colder I can get, the faster I can go.

maxxim_hacks@excite.com
    The colder I can get, the faster I can go.

maxxim_hacks@excite.com

Hey, my cold air kit came from Lingenfelter.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting one of their 383 motor packages

hey auxois some of us like those blowers you know. yeah I know it doesn't have 725hp. but it does have 500hp. and who really gives a ****. it is what I want anyways. I never liked GM and that is that. come to speak of it Dodges aren't much better. I love fords. plain and simple.

------------------
    whatever

And a couple of words on Jaguar it is owned by Ford.
    whatever

Thread Information