366@550 .. voltage tweaks (F.Y.I)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 366@550 .. voltage tweaks (F.Y.I)

366@550 .. voltage tweaks (F.Y.I)

6 months ago I would have scoffed at anyone talking about 'burning in' a CPU and getting better performance.. Can't give you a good reason, just did not seem sound to me..

Now, I feel different.. I have a 366 (SL36C week 28) that I bought pre-tested to do 550 at 2.2v..
    It was real stable at 2.2 but I experimented with lower voltages to no avail..
    This is with pretty normal heat sink and Globalwin CPM Fan... Also, even at
    2.2v I could not get stability at a higher FSB, i.e.. 103 for 567...

Now after several weeks, nothing else changed, I tried 2.1v... Rock solid..
    Bumped it up to 103, still stable as can be.. So, unless I'm overlooking some other
    variable, ( I have not knowingly changed anything else) looks like there could
    be something to 'burning in' after all..

My intention isn't to mock you or insult you in anyway but it's December and that might be a reason to why the chip is running cooler?

If you're a 100% sure that burning in works then maybe I can get my Celeron 366 to push up to 600 + MHz because it runs at 550 MHz right now at 1.95 Volts.

Cheers
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Uhhh, unless he doesn't have central heat and air, I don't see why December would make a difference.

No offense taken toolbox... your opinion is well taken..

I really cannot account for it.. Just thought I'd run my experience by..

Actually my CPU temp is a little warmer, cause my puter is on 2nd floor and with the heat on to keep 1st floor at ~70 it stays closer to 80 up here...

Thread Information