92MHz fsb from BE6 MOBO - where it it??
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 92MHz fsb from BE6 MOBO - where it it??

92MHz fsb from BE6 MOBO - where it it??

I have a problem with my MOBO (BE6), it appears only to take 75/83/100 and above mhz fsb settings so unable to reach the oc speeds at the 92 mhz fsb as given by TNproud2b (think only avail on BE6-II MOBO).

So if only celeron 400 and up are available in australia as new, am I therefore restricted to a 83 mhz fsb and so a top of 498 mhz.

Will this effect a quantum fireball CR HDD and any of the new cheap AGP video cards.

Also any advice on exact cooling requirements would help?

Thanx

BE6 has soft menu, but only supports selected speeds up to 150, and as far as under 100 there is only 75 and 83 as far as I can tell. I'd be willing to bet that TNproud2b has BE6 2, which has soft menu 3, which supports boosted bus in increments of 1MHz. I really would like to know if the BE6 could be flashed with the BE6 2 bios and work. I'd be willing to bet it would work fine, but I don't have the guts or money to risk that on my BE6. If it doesn't work I bet it's not because of the hardware, but rather just the BIOS chip itself.

------------------
    Bleeding head good! Healed head bad!
    Beware pinkboys....The Stark Fist of Removal cometh nigh! Slack and be free....study the wisdom of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs at www.subgenius.com

Thanx, the advice wasnt bad just the BE6 I have has only Soft Menu II but getting 498 out of a 400@83MHz with the MOBO/CPU combo costing only $310 (about US$195) seems to be a great deal anyway.

I would also be intrested in seeing if the bios on my BE6 board could be flashed with the new BE6-II bios that would allow for the 1MHz increment in fsb.

Siamese Guest
    uR SCREWED!!!! dONT screw w/ it.

even with my firmware for my Cl 4224, i incorrectly flashed it and all my burns were
    ****ed. I then reflashed it properly w/ dma off and then started burning ****, then it worked better (better is key word here). But I know if u incorrectly flash the BIOs ur are in major shat!

sounds like Im staying with the original bios setting of softmenu II (cant afford re-buy)

498 is OK thou, other than a good case fan
    and the standard intel heatsink/fan should I need any other cooling for a 83MHz fsb on a 400.

Please correct me if my assumption are wrong..

Ok mine turn. The bois EPROM is burned from the factory. All the little battery does is remember your settings that you have done to bois. that is why the time on your computer gets screwed when ur battery is going.

Now on to flashing ur bois. From what I understand is that you are reburning the bois chip with the new data. Also I read this over at Hardocp if your power goes off during a flash you have to get a new bois chip, because it has become corrupt and it will not let you boot your computer again.

Please just don't quote me on this I read this quite some time ago so I could be wrong.
    whatever

Ok...so what if you contacted Abit, complaining that you had flashed your bios and a breaker blew and now you are screwed, but you tell them that you had a BE6-2 instead of a BE6, and buy a new BIOS? Would that do the trick? I won't do it...too much trouble and quite devious, but it just might work. I felt bad enough taking back my warranteed hard drive when it blew at 83fsb, but I am of a belief that any quality part should be made to handle the possible settings so thats how I justify it....The guy sold me a POS, and I got it replaced with a nice WD drive....all is cool, but how honest are you?

------------------
    Bleeding head good! Healed head bad!
    Beware pinkboys....The Stark Fist of Removal cometh nigh! Slack and be free....study the wisdom of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs at www.subgenius.com

Thread Information