FDP32 Owners, hear ye.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: FDP32 Owners, hear ye.

FDP32 Owners, hear ye.

alright, here i go again.

Globalwin FDP32 owners, what 370 to Slot1 slotket have you guys put this bad boy on? I was about to order the Iwill Slocket, then it just occured to me -- will the FDP32 fit into that?

It's going to be plugged on a Soyo 6BA+IV btw.

Thanks.

------------------
    #!/bin/sh

cat /usr/info
    socket drop (sdrop)
    sdrop@spyring.com

[This message has been edited by sdrop (edited 12-03-99).]
    #!/bin/sh

cat /usr/info
    socket drop (sdrop)
    sdrop@spyring.com

I've got an FDP-32 on a celery 366 using the Soyo 6BA+III and it fits on a MSI-6167 fine. I bought it as a pre-tested combo. I don't know about the 6BA+IV though, but I've seen combo's selling that combination so it should work. Keep in mind that you will loose some memory slots. I really only have 1 clear one on my +III, maybe a 2nd if it was nearly touching the fan. Anyway, also consider the case you have. I have a mid-tower ATX that forced me to remove 1 row of fins on the FDP-32 to fit it past my power supply. I don't think you have to worry about it if you've got a full tower case. I think the problem with mid-tower cases is why GlobalWin started making the FEP-32, with the missing rows of fins.

Good Luck,

I read in another post that a guy removed the fan and mounted it on the side of the heatsink. This enabled him to use all of his dimm slot. He said that he only seen 1 degree increase also. let us know.
    whatever

alright.

well, doing some canvassing right now. i was supposed to get the Iwill slotket, but looks like i'm going to have problems with it, because of its plastic housing. So i'm going to get the Microstar 6905 slotket (hope it fits). I was also advised to replace the stand with the regular one or something, since the FDP32 is too heavy. and yeah, i'll be transferring the fan to the top, to free up the DIMM slots.

sticking with a 6BA+IV, and a Celery 366.

i'll post an update, when i get to purchase the stuff. thanks for the replies.

------------------
    #!/bin/sh

cat /usr/info
    socket drop (sdrop)
    sdrop@spyring.com
    #!/bin/sh

cat /usr/info
    socket drop (sdrop)
    sdrop@spyring.com

if your power supply is right above the slotket card use some plastic zip ties or string to help support the weight of the HS

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

Im running my FDP-32 on a MSI-6905 and it fits perfectly, not overlapping or blocking any jumpers in any way. All this plugs into a Gigabyte Bx2000 mainboard which leaves 5mm clearance to the first DIMM Slot

Cheers!
    DoPe FiSh

------------------
    "Though the night may be dark, the dawn shall always awaken and annoy you"
    "Though the night may be dark, the dawn shall always awaken and annoy you"

Thread Information