Does it Look Like I Need Counseling? - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does it Look Like I Need Counseling?

hey what the hell are doing in my house taking pictures
    oh yeah thats right i have posters of hot babes on my walls but other then that it looks like my room
    Estimated time it will take me to fix your computer:
    If you leave - 15 min
    If you watch - 1hour
    If you help - 3hours

Hell yeah you need counseling. We all do. Anyone doing what we do to our $$$ computers that we spend all of our money on anyway needs to have their head examined.

OK, 'bout the battery thing. I had my car system hooked up in my basement for several months with the same setup. Just a lawn mower battery with a battery charger.

I'm still here...........
    If it ain't broke, tweak it!!

is that a xt i see on the table ?
    PIII 933
    Asus Cusl2
    100 gig
    well i had the v7700 deluxe
    now i have the v7100 i cannot "see" the difference though

Yeah, alright, the wiring job couldn't possibly suck any worse. And yes that amplifier will draw peaks of 40amps. When I had all 3 amplifiers in my Maxima, the headlights dimmed to a dull yellow with every bass note. That was easily cured with a huge stiffening capacitor wired in parallel with the battery. The system absolutely kicked ***, but was rendered un-competitive after the SONY(XPS1) and Rockford Fosgate(Symmetry) released their digital signal processors and I couldn't afford to keep up with the other guys. I learned a lot about audio signals and making passive crossover networks, though. I still have an interest in auto sound, but can't afford to actually compete. I'd have to start from scratch anyway because these amplifiers are at least 4 years old, and current technology would require digital signal inputs that these don't have. If I had new equipment, I'd need a car to put it in. I currently drive an '88 Golf GTI with 180,000 miles and the stereo in it doesn't even work. I did "overclock" the car last year after the engine came apart on the interstate. I managed to fit a 2liter 16valve Jetta engine in place of the exploded 1.8. The car is ugly as hell, but revs past 7000rpm at every shift. I was gonna watercool it to get more revs, but Volkswagen engineers were already ahead of me. A few peltiers may get me to 8000rpm, wish me luck.

As tempting as it is to try and duplicate my heroic efforts at building a tripped out computer, please guys, don't even attempt this if you're married. Before you invest the first dollar in your dream system, take a minute to show your wife the door. Slam it solidly behind her and never look back. This is the best advice I ever give to anyone, take heed.
    My chair: The chair makes my butt hurt and it has no arms to support my elbows. I doubt you can find a worse chair than that. I need to get another one, and I've even shopped around for a nice leather chair with arms. These "fancy" chairs I saw cost at least a hundred bucks! For the same money I could buy another Celeron to overclock - and just have a sore ***. If you have to ask what I'd do with my hundred bucks, then you don't know me very well.
    PS, that's a 486 DX-2/66 sitting on the table to the right.It lives only to operate a modem that supplies an internet connection to my 10mb Ethernet hub. The hub lives just to feed the internet to my Celeron rig. Yes, it would be more practical to just plug the modem into the big computer and scrap the DX2 and the Ethernet altogether. I see it as a very creative way to waste an IRQ. Just for kicks I ran a SANDRA benchmark test on it, check it out dudes 16MB of memory and a 6.4gig hard drive......

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 11-30-99).]
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Siamese Guest
    Coo **** TN.
    Holy crap, I never knew my old DX2-66 ****ing sucked so much !!! I think it was
    a Cyrix overdrive processor too,ahh the good old days.

This post turned into a 5 megabyte download with all these pics, so what the hell, here's one more. The long-awaited Multimedia Benchmark Scores!!! And you though Intel always made fast processors! Ha Ha Hey, core voltage is 5.0 ! We've come a long way. Here's what a single Celeron400@624 looks like. I'd kill to see a score with both these Celerys processing, please SiSoft, make a Win2000 version.

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 11-30-99).]
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Thread Information