Does it Look Like I Need Counseling?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it Look Like I Need Counseling?

Hybrid View

Does it Look Like I Need Counseling?

The Apartment maintenance guy showed up to change the air filter on the furnace. He noticed my desk in the corner of the living room. Although he thought it was cool, he mentioned something about me needing counseling. Since I didn't ask him to explain what he meant, I'll just ask you guys. Do I need help? Oh, this causes the downstairs neighbors to bang mercilessly on the ceiling when I crank it up a little. I had a few car stereo components laying around. Do you think I need to break out the fourth-order bandpass box with the two 10's? I still have 2 more amps to connect to something. This might help me get out of my lease earlier than June. It drives the neighbors dog absolutely nuts when I play a pure 10hz tone. close up view: 600 continuous watts of power+small apartment=hostile neighbors Uh, that was my monthly quota on posting images, I guess.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Hell! Looks like you're head is OK to me.......
    Maybe? -- need a bright red chair and black computer for contrast.

CAUTION: Be very careful to keep all the smoke inside those gadgets or you sure will have a short lease.
    A good mechanic assumes NOTHING.

You're the coolest guy I have never met. Can you be my best friend. I might have a system that could beat that though. he he. You are my God. Can you help me with the topic i just submitted. Praise Tnproud2b!!!
    I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ***. And I'm all out of bubble gum.

I was answering before you asked me to, that's 'cause I care so damned much about you guys.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F

That battery is venting hydrogen gas. Use an Optima cell instead.

TN, I think that guy that changed the filter was the one that had a couple screws loose.

I really doubt you want out of your lease earlier. when I rented if they kicked me out because of noise or something like that I was still responsible for the rest of the lease payments even tho I wasn't there.

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

Hydrogen gas? The guy that sold it to me said it was the right kind to use in your living room to power amplifiers and CPU cooling rigs. Hey, it was a $19 battery, where can I buy a fancy gel battery for less than $20? Just to the right of my desk is a fire extinguisher, a tribute to living on the edge. You guys probably spend all day wondering what you're gonna eat for dinner. I sit here all day and wonder if my next click on my WinAmp will cause a hydrogen gas explosion that'll flatten the apartment complex. But, again, I do ALL of this for you guys.

Thats the coolest thing I've seen in my life!!!
    You can be in my cool people club. If you wanna be in my club email me.
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

I vote we start a new religion:

The sacred church of Hoochcoolism.

P.s. Does anyone else find it ironic that TN has wired such an amazing system, yet had to have a guy come and install his air filter? That's what I call a savant!
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

TN, what are you running your system at anyway? looks like a rather fun setup to me!
    One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity!

What a messy wiring job
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Yo TNTProub2B.

That kenwood amp is car stereo component. And it runs on 12 V. Right.
    Well have you considered how much CURRENT that piece actualy takes? Since it has MosFet-power supply, it takes the 12 Volts, slices it into 30-50V pieces which it uses to amplify the sound. Man, it sucks more electricity than small country can afford. Besides, reloading the battery lets out dangerous vapors to your breathing-air. Get rid of it. Unless you want to die in pain....

Apart from the battery thread that seems to have started (I don't know much about em I'd say the only thing you need is a real chair! I can't stand to be uncomfortable, but otoh I didn't want to spend the bucks... Had a hand me down that was great, but since the thing wouldn't stay elevated, it was like sitting on a top! Kept wobbling since the center pole was on the ground...

Wife finally convinced me to get a chair and picked up a sweet one at costco.. Get some comfort man!

I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

Hell no !
    I see you've got a fire extinguisher.
    The only thing that might me missing would be a coffee maker.
    Good on you, TN. Priests have thier churches, why should'nt a guru have a shrine ?

Somewhere between Purgatory and Hell called Ohio
    If your gonna die, at least you gone out doing something fun. Could you imagine the headlines. "PERSON DIES BY EXPLOSION: Vapor released by a battery used to power his computers water cooling system, called the Hootch, is ignited by the car stereo amps also used by the Hootch cooled computer."
    That would be funny. It would suck that you died, but funny headlines.

------------------
    Error: CPU speed is too fast.
    -Goff

Thread Information