bios tweeking
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: bios tweeking

bios tweeking

ok i haev an amptron pm9900a mobo. with an award bios.. i have a udma/66 hd, but windows won't let me enable dma, and my bios only saport udma 33, .
    in the bios under udma it has auto and disabled. so it trys to set to udma mode 4 witch is udma/66 witch it can't do according to the board specs. so is this a bois prob or a mobo problem, i have heard of a programi can use to tweek bios setting that i normaly can't within the bios does anyone know of this and were i can get it.. and or any ideas..
    one more thing. under system properties i see that my maxtor hd is a ganeric typ 46, and my WD is a typ 80. what the typ mean. and i can get the dma on the WD to work even though it's older. i have looked for bios updates but to no luck. and whay doe it say ganeris.. my friends tell him it's an quantom fireball. whay does mine not say that? and please help!!! please.
    thank you
    "Is it worth it to give your heart away, and live for a great period of joy, risking the chance to have your heart broken? If your heart does get broken, was it worth it to give it away? - Me"

The program you are referring to is probably "TweakBIOS". Check your mailbox.

------------------
    ------------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    matrix.crosswinds.net/~sverresjo/Duckman.htm

Thread Information