how do you guys measure CPU temp???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: how do you guys measure CPU temp???

how do you guys measure CPU temp???

i still havent figured out a way to measure CPU's temp
    i was just wondering how do you guys do it
    Estimated time it will take me to fix your computer:
    If you leave - 15 min
    If you watch - 1hour
    If you help - 3hours

Most of us have a Winbond chip on the motherboard that does it. There is a small wire thing that plugs in to the motherboard, that you tape to the heatsink. It's called a thermistor, and it tells the monitoring chip the temperature, which can be read in Windows with a hardware monitoring program. I have thought a lot about how to do it without the option onboard (I used to have a board without, but I now have a BE6 with it), and I think any kind of indoor/outdoor thermomitor with that metal probe taped to the heatsink, or a meat thermomitor stuck between the fins of the heatsink might work.

------------------
    Bleeding head good! Healed head bad!
    Beware pinkboys....The Stark Fist of Removal cometh nigh! Slack and be free....study the wisdom of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs at www.subgenius.com

You can use these little temp guages. they only go down to about 45 Degrees Farenheight tho. not good it you are going to use a radical cooling system. in that case I would get a board that has a onboard temp guage.

You can get them at tower hobbies for about $30 plus shipping. They also can go up to about 450Deg Farenhieght if you get that hot something is wrong. I use them for taking temps on my RC cars.

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

ok i got another one for you then
    i have the BX6 mobo rev2.0 that has the capability except that mine didnt come with the extra sensor. i have seen other ones that have those but i dont have one. where can i get one i think its the one that markjs is using. if you know where i can get one pls let me know
    thanx
    Estimated time it will take me to fix your computer:
    If you leave - 15 min
    If you watch - 1hour
    If you help - 3hours

Thread Information