p2 450
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: p2 450

p2 450

anyone have thoughts on oc'ing a p2 450 on a be6? i heard from someone a while ago that increasing a p2 450 to 550 wouldn't have much performance effect, but I don't know why that would be...or is a p2 450 at its freq limit already?

Sterling_Aug Guest
    Who ever said that was full of bull pucky!

I have my P2-450 running 527 MHz. Any increase in processor speed will give you that much more performance.

cool, thanks for the reply...need to go pick up the abit now...

i have pII450 and when i tried o/cing it, it runs fine at 504 and 527 for about 10-15min and it freezes. argh ..... wtf i cant figure it out. its not heat because its running at 34C. help !!!!
    P.S. its a PII450 on a abit bx6 rev2.0 with 192m ram and seqate 7200 rpm HD
    marek88@eticomm.net
    Estimated time it will take me to fix your computer:
    If you leave - 15 min
    If you watch - 1hour
    If you help - 3hours

Sterling_Aug Guest
    Of course it is heat that causes your processor to lock up. Your temp monitor reading is false, because at the higher FSB speeds you need higher voltage which in turn lowers the processors resisitance to heat lock ups. It will lock up at lower and lower temperaturews as you increase the voltage and the FSB settings.

I have to use two 40mm peltiers on my P2-450 to get it stable at 527 MHz @ 2.2 volts while under full 100% CPU load non-stop 24/7. The only thing that would be better for it would be extreme water cooling or something else similar.

i can get mine running at 527 using only 2.0V so it wouldnt make us much heat us your running at 2.2V. I realize that temp would go up one way or the other but it should make as big of a problem under 2.0V
    Estimated time it will take me to fix your computer:
    If you leave - 15 min
    If you watch - 1hour
    If you help - 3hours

Thread Information