Please help me with Overclocking!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Please help me with Overclocking!

Please help me with Overclocking!

hello i have absolutly no idea about overclocking but i would like to overclock my gateway performance 500 128 ram if you could please explain stuff to me like a 2 year old about how to overclock it and what i would need to do i would greatly appriciate it thankyou!

Sterling_Aug Guest
    First thing you need to do is read your manual. Learn all of the settings and what they do so you can understand when someone tells you something to do.

Well, first you gotta dig out the motherboard's manual. I assume the gateway does not have a Soft Menu for the bois, meaning all overclocking must be done with jumpers on the motherboard as opposed to software on the BIOS. What you are hunting for is the chart that displays the jumper settings. (may also be on a sticker on the motherboard) Since modern CPU's are "multiplier locked" (Multiplier*Front Side Bus Speed= MHZ speed; 500 mhz in your case.) You have to start upping the Bus. The problem with that is that all your components must be able to handle the higher speed. You need to tell us this: What speed is the RAM? It should be printed on the RAM chips themselves, and be either 66,100, or 133. I am guessing 100 (mhz). Also find out your current bus speed and post it here. More comes when you divulge the information

------------------
    www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored/framemoney.html
    Make money surfing the net!

I'm not racist! I have a color TV!

www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored

Oops. Looks like Sterling beat me to it

------------------
    www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored/framemoney.html
    Make money surfing the net!

I'm not racist! I have a color TV!

www.crosswinds.net/~areyoubored

Thread Information