BIG fan
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: BIG fan

BIG fan

hey, in preperation for the Queensland summer, (which is HOT) I was thinking of adding some cooling to the case.
    would grafting a normal fan cause to much electrical noise for the computer to operate? at the moment, simply sitting one near the open case is enough to bring cpu temps down by about 3 degrees, and m/b temps down by over 5. it wouldn't be too hard to actually take the side panel and incorperate the fan into the case, but would this be bad for the hdd and peripherals?
    (my guess is yes, but i'm always looking for the easy way out.... )

I thought about that the other day. What if you just cut a hole or two (depending on the fan) in the side of the case and just attached it to the outside.

I have a box fan on my dual processor machine. I took the side panel off and used tie wraps to fasten the fan to the case. I can take the fan off after some serious use and touch the processors. They feel like the computer has been off for hours.
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

I have 2 120 mm AC fans in my case. I mounted both for intake and have a 3in fan/blowhole in the top of the case for exhaust. I can see no problem with my comp from running the ac fans near my hardware.

------------------
    You did what to who's dog for how many jellybeans?
    You did what to whos' dog for how many jellybeans?

Thread Information