366 celey WILL do 600+
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 366 celey WILL do 600+

366 celey WILL do 600+

This 366 celeron that has been stubborn with me is gonna give me 600MHZ wether it likes it or not. I have lapped both the CPU and HS. This made it stable @ 577 at 600 it crashes at the desktop.

A little background: This is a pretested AZZO 366 that Overclocks to 550 @ 2.0v.

Right now it is at 577MHZ @2.2v

What I am doing:

-Made a waterblock
    -all copper tubing with compression fittings
    -2 5" AC high cfm fans on the tranny cooler.
    -12v fuel pump to circulate the water.
    -still need to decide what I will use as a water storage containter.

THE TEST I put a 2300f torch on the water block to see what I could get out of this to cool it. (This was a test outside of the computer and to see if I got any leaks, which I do, Have to fix them before installing on CPU.)

Room temp 68.0f
    -temp coming out of tranny cooler 68.4f
    -Temp on the back of the waterblock 68.4
    -I added 85f Degree water also to see how long it would take to cool it down.
    -temp raised to 79.6f exiting the tranny cooler to water block.
    -temp on back side of waterblock was 82.6f with torch on the other side heating the block.
    -20 minutes later temp exiting the tranny cooler was 69.5f and the waterblock was down to 71.2f.

In doing this I hope to get the CPU within 1-2 degrees of room temp and I think I will have no problems in doing so. Since this test was adding more heat than the CPU could ever produce.

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

Dude, you just may take the prize for a HoochCooled system!! That KICKS ***!! 600mz+ definately.

You could make us all happy with a few pics.

------------------
    If it ain't broke, tweak it!!

Pictures will follow I have to charge the battery for the CamCorder. I will have them Posted on a web site!!!!

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

Once you get the taste of 600 its never enough. My 400a boots at 700 so i want to get a peltier. Good luck anyway, hope it gives you 600.
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

Sometimes you gotta show those celerys who's the boss. Mine show me the respect I deserve since they've been HoochCooled. By the way, my cpu temps are under 95F at 624mhz 2.3 volts. The room temp is always 72f. The water leaving the waterblocks is about 80F, and the cooled,returning water is right about room temp.72F. I am using CPUidle all the time, when I turn it off my CPU temps go as high as 102F. After 1 hour of no activity and CPUidle active, my CPU temps are 79F. The temps rise quickly back to about 93-95 when in use. During boot, the temps are over 100F! How do they heat up that fast? They go from room temp to 100 degrees in 2 minutes, then drop back to the low 90's while running. Strange, indeed. Jopey, I wish you the best of luck with your water cooling. It ain't easy to gather up all the parts and assemble it into a leak-free system. I had a leak or two, myself at first. Once you've been up to 600mhz, you never want to come back down...
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

I made it to 606mhz. running @ 2.0v and 71f. My system temp is running hotter then my cpu. system=78f

------------------
    whatever

Luke,

You must have one awesome processor to get that close to 700mz with conventional cooling. Slap a peltier on that thing and go for 700!!

Use the force, Luke.

------------------

TNproud2b say this in this post:

"During boot, the temps are over 100F! How do they heat up that fast? They go from room temp to 100 degrees in 2 minutes, then drop back to the low 90's while running."

Maybe this why windows always locks up when trying to overclock. my guess is that they are running at full thorttle for those 2 minutes of boot up.

------------------
    whatever

My cpu temps get hot even when idling with the SoftMenu screen on. The only time they drop is after Windows loads. No, CPUidle isn't launching with Windows, I have to start it, so thats not whats cooling it off. Go figure.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Thread Information