What does everyone do for a living? / Your job?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What does everyone do for a living? / Your job?

Hybrid View

What does everyone do for a living? / Your job?

Just curious?

I work for All Childrens Hospital St. Pete Fl, in CNS/Data Proc.?

Argo

------------------
    Hey hey hey Hee hee hee look at me I'm the flying pig?

K.I.T.H
    I love the Chicken Lady

I'm a protein chemist at Transkaryotic Therapies, its a biotech company.

ChrisB,

Did you see that article on msn.nbc about modfing evergreen seedlings w/ firefly and jellyfish protiens ( or something) to make a glow in the dark x-mas trees?
    They had a pic of a mouse they injected, poor SOB is a walking nightlight!

Sorry for the change of subject!

------------------

K.I.T.H
    I love the Chicken Lady

I am a computer technician, I build computers and configure software on them.

I work the fries at McDonald's. Now don't everyone start buggin' me to get them a job here. If I could get you a job, you'll have to start at the drive through and then work your way up to fries. But once you are here, you are set!

I am a computer tech for a school district.
    Jeff

cmhaack Guest
    I'm a paralegal, environmental regulatory and litigation, actually.

When I worked at McDonald's things worked a bit differently. I started in 1991, and the very first thing they trained me to do was fries. That is where they started everybody, in fact. Then they either got you into the grill area or the front line, and the drive-thru people where the best of the front-line people. I got into drive-thru. In fact, sometime after I became an assistant manager, we had at the store I worked the best drive-thru team in Maryland. In fact, we set the record for corporate-owned stores in the Baltimore Region for the most number of cars served in one hour, and that number was 162 cars. Yep, 162 cars in one hour.

Anyway, what I do now is replenish ATMs and other related services. Earlier today is was transporting $1,901,000 (US dollars) (due to security regulations I will not say the name of the company I work for, nor name any of their clients or ATM locations). It is for this job that I have recently ordered a Beretta 92 9mm. I expect to receive it in the middle of next week. I also wear a bullet-proof vest, and we ride in an armored Ford van (smaller than the usual armored truck and less conspicuous) with bullet-proof windows. This job gives a lot of overtime. For example, in this week, the first 3 days gave me 41 hours, so Thursday (today) and Friday are all overtime. I worked 11.5 hours today, so my total so far this week is 52.5 hours, so that is 40 hours regular pay and 12.5 hours at time-and-a-half.

------------------
    jjr512 "The Terminator"
    Justin J. Rebbert
    rebbertj@columbia.aim-smart.com

I service security systems for homes and businesses. Burg alarms, fire alarms, CCTV, access control, that kind of thing

------------------
    If at first you don't succeed... skydivng is NOT for you!
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

I was just kidding jjr512. I did however work at Braum's for a total of 2 WEEKS! Man that job sucked!

And you sure did pick a pretty dangerous job. I would get that 9 and quite a few extra clips. And grenades wouldn't hurt either.

target Guest
    I'm a part-time computer tech at a commercial real estate company and a 2nd year computer engineering student.

Well, I used to run the largest F/A-18 avionics repair facility in the Navy, but due to Congress my base just closed down and I am will be reporting to the aircraft carrier USS Roosevelt next week. We repaired everything from the flight control computers to the HUD (heads up display). You know that thing in Top Gun that would "lock up" on an aircraft.
    sharsh01@msn.com

I teach computer technology classes at a university... e.g., Technology in Education, stuff like that.

I work as a service, repair, maintenance and installer in video survaillance for banking institutions, I cover 5.5 provinces in Canada all alone,the boss is in Toronto. I take care of the eastern part of Ontario,all of Quebec,New Brunswick,Nova Scotia,Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland. I love my job, see my boss twice a year and work probably a total of 3 months out of the year and I'm still paid for the rest of the time I'm at home. The wife loves it,christ she hasn't done any house work in over 2 years LOLOL

------------------

I get out every morning and stand by the freeway on-ramp, while holding up a sign that says, "will work for computer parts."

Thread Information