be6 overclocking
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: be6 overclocking

be6 overclocking

I have my be6 up and running and am ready to start overclocking. My question is, after I set up my soft bios with the new multiplier , bus speed and core voltage, I save and exit setup. When My computer boots, it reads and error message saying "cpu is unworkable or has been changed-please see cpu soft menu"(or something like that). I press F1 to continue and it boots fine. However, when I go to my hardware doctor (HWDoctor)I see a core voltage of 2.00V still. I have a feeling that my settings are not taking? When I reboot and go back to soft bios it reverts to a 233 mhz system? I have succesfully loaded my HPT366 drivers and they work great (I had to flash bios).

My system specs are as follows:

abit be6 Mobo
    PIII 500 (Malasia)
    Ultra DMA 66 maxtor 14 gb HD
    SB live platinum
    V770 TNT ulta video card
    Yamaha 4616 SCSI cdrw
    pioneer dvd SCSI

Please help.

Batmann Guest
    Have you disabled the "error halt" (or something) option in the soft menu?

Batmann is absolutely right... "Speed Error Halt" or something to that effext is enabled. You have disable it before it'll work properly.

Your motherboard is trying to read the default settings on your processor and is getting back the wrong information due to the overclock.

After you've resolved this everything should work fine!
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

They are both right. you might want to leave it that way while you are testing higher speeds. Beacuse if it locks up of you get a black screen you don't have to pull the cover off your case to reset the BIOS. when you get it at a stable speed you can then enable it so it remembers your speed. Per the BE6 Manual.

------------------
    WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.
    whatever

Thread Information