Have you got your Cel400-->600??
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Have you got your Cel400-->600??

Have you got your Cel400-->600??

Anyone out there got your celeron 400 ppga to 600mhz or above??Mine is Retail SL37X week 31 with retail heatsink+fan at 2.0v max 500mhz.Can't get any higher than this due to the generic slot1 converter.Changed the jumper to 100mhz but nothing appeared on the screen just beeps.MSI converter with voltage adjustment may help ??

You'll have to get addtional cooling for your processor to get it going any higher. You were lucky enough to be to hit 500 MHz with the retail fan and heatsink.

Get an Alpha or Global Win cooler. It'll really help you in achieving higher clock speeds.

------------------
    It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computerô

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

C400@564 with Alpha, 2.05v. SL37X week 24. Just bought another identical celly to dual it up, yet to find if it also overclocks to 564. The 37X should be quite capable to get to 552Mhz (at least), unless your other peripherals limit that. (i.e. HD)

but what's the problem if you can't get anything other than beeps during power on??

I got that when my RAMs are tilted a little on the DIMM slot or when I scratched my mobo X(. Memory problem I think. Take them out and stick it in again (maybe to a different slot).btw are you using PC100? But it could also be that your celly just won't go to 600 (esp with retail sink/fan)!

@100 FSB, Window Loads but after 12 sec, it stalled. Stable 100 FSB is just hard to come by. Good luck!

Yea,cas 2 pc100 sdram.Tested with cel266->412 before.I just want it to post 600,then I know I have to add a better heatsink.

Thread Information