Does Batch # on CPU effect OC?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Does Batch # on CPU effect OC?

Does Batch # on CPU effect OC?

The batch # on my CPU is 9090052 almost the same as 9090062 for the highest speed for OC the 333 Celeron. Is it matter or not, am I still able to go to that speed?

Similar chips will clock to 500. Thats no guarantee that YOUR celeron will go 500mhz. Unless you buy one that is pre-tested(higher price) and has a warranty that it will run stable at 500, then you just have to give it a try. Most 333's with similar batch #'s will run on a 100mhz FSB(500mhz). I'd say it will go at least 450, and that's pretty fast for the money you spent. You'll need to have PC100 rated memory DIMMs when you run that bus speed over about 72mhz, though. You can't get to 500 without pc100, no matter how good your celeron is. Good luck, Crazy.

PS, I notice you are now a "member", congratulations.

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 10-28-99).]
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

How am I becoming a member? I went to Overclockers.com I saw the chip almost same mine its sl2wn made in purto rico. Well mine is 9090052 not 9090062 that's why.

To become a member you must either reply or post a topic at least 30 times and not piss off too many people while you do it. Now that you're a member, you can be as rude as you like.LOL. Your Celeron batch number is late enough in the manufacturing timeline to be of a good enough quality to overclock near 500mhz. Batch numbers and week numbers are just a reference point to help sort out the likelyhood of a given processor to be a "good" one for overclocking. There are still some bad ones in every batch or week. This hobby wouldn't be as much fun if there wasn't a gamble involved. Like I said before, if it ain't guaranteed-or-your-money-back stable at 500mhz, then you have to find out for yourself.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Thread Information