FDP-32's SUCK if you can't use them...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: FDP-32's SUCK if you can't use them...

FDP-32's SUCK if you can't use them...

I hope this got somebody's attention because I need somebody's advice. I have an order for a pre-testested 550 celeron on "hold" right now because I'm not sure if the FDP-32 fan I want will fit in my case. I have a standard Mid-Tower ATX style case and they kind people at Sunshinestar.com told me it may not fit... because the power supply may interfere with the huge heatsink. I know it will fit fine on the board... but am wondering if ANYONE out there has a GlobalWin FDP-32 with an Mid-Tower ATX style case.

Please help!!! I want them to ship my order soon.

Thanks

I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting a particular fan, but I have2 366@550 running stable for a while now.. One at 2.0 v the other at 2.1 .. I use a slightly oversize (compared to intel stock) K6 style heatsink/fan.. I think the radical cooling solutions get too much attention, and help very few people except the ones who are selling them.. If you want to run cooler, no problem... But if you have a 366 that will work at 550, it is not the cooling that is keeping it there..
    "If it works it's not overclocked!"
    My Stuff

I have that particular Globalwin combo and it fits my Abit bh6 w/ an Enlight mid ATX case My concern was losing a mem slot.But everything fit fine.

P.S. Diogenes is a strange on line handle, was he not a greek philos'r who cast off society and technology.? The first Cynic.
    Hey hey hey Hee hee hee look at me I'm the flying pig?

K.I.T.H
    I love the Chicken Lady

If you have the motherboard and case already just make sure that there is at least half and inch or so clearance all the way around the chip and 2 inches up. If you've got this then the FDP should fit fine. If not? Go with the FEP or Alpha.
    MoooOooOoo damnit!!
    -SkrUboL
    www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte166q

Sterling_Aug Guest
    I have an Alpha socket heatsink and Sunon 27cfm fan mounted onto my Celeron 366 running 573 MHz @ 2.2 volts. I did NOT feel like dealing with the hassles of modifing the FDP-32 to fit on my Abit BP-6 motherboard.

Overclockers.com has a CPU data base where you can look up the who/what/where/how/& why of the model you will be buying as well as what the cooling requirements are. It's worth a trip there just to check on your chip. I'd call my vendor and get the pertinent data before I bought the cooling unit.
    ". . . so much to learn . . . where to start?"

Argo, I do base my user name on the 'Diogenes' you refer to. A facet of his behaviour,that I relate to was that he supposedly walked around in daylight, with a lantern, in search of an honest man. I, also, am in search of the truth....
    "If it works it's not overclocked!"
    My Stuff

Thanks for all the help... I ended up measuring last night and am going with the FEP-32 just to be on the safe side. There doesn't seem to be much difference in performance between it and the FDP-32.

Thanks again.

Thread Information