P3450 normal operating temp
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: P3450 normal operating temp

P3450 normal operating temp

Tennmax cooler on a P3450 in a full tower case. There is about 12 other fans running total. No drives installed yet, so there is no cooling software. With both panels off, the Hardware monitor in the BIOS reports 60 degrees celcius for the cpu. Does this sound on par with Intel's specifications? Anyone know where I can find a cooling chart for this processor?

I can't give you a real number but I feel that maybe 130deg F is a bit too much

I am baffled. What is the average temperature for a P3450 with the stock heatsink and fan? The TennMax cooler is installed correctly and the case has a total of 12 other fans. 60 degrees at idle with no drives? Is this indicative of an ill chip or a bad reading? The back of the secc cartridge and the heatsink are warm to the touch, but not hot.

Sounds to me like possibly a bad reading. My P3-450 runs at 38-40C (reading in bios) after any length of normal operation.

------------------
    I believe in Trial & Error.... but if I make 1 more Error, I have to go to Trial!!
    I believe in Trial & Error.... but if I make 1 more Error, I have to go to Trial!!

Do you have the right voltage set (2.0v)?

I have a p3 450 and the chip never gets above 40C with a 3dcool daul fan and a case fan in a mid tower case

------------------
    I might not beat you...but it sure as hell going to be a draw
    I might not beat you...but it sure as hell going to be a draw

Thread Information