Boxed P3's fan + heatsink question... urgent!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Boxed P3's fan + heatsink question... urgent!

Hybrid View

Boxed P3's fan + heatsink question... urgent!

Should I have the P3's (P3500) fan blowing in or sucking out air from the heatsink? Last night I just realised mine is sucking air out from the heatsink. My P3 is still under 1 to 1 change warranty (within one month) if it is a faulty product. Please let me know quick. Is that normal for my P3's temp. at 56c to 60c (without overclocking)within 10 minutes time of operating (not for games.., just net surfing)? Thanks for any answer from u.

my fan is blowing down on the heatsink. For
    normal operation my temp runs about 40-44C and when overclocked runs 44-48C. Under heavy use my temp will climb to 54-55C. Rain
    will lower your temp under normal CPU load; it will not help when running you CPU and near max (95-100%). You may download rain free and give it a try. There are no apparent drawbacks to running "rain". "Waterfall" is another similar product but, I have no experience with it.

i would get a different Fan and heatsink at that. it is running to hot right now. go to WWW.COMPUTERNERD.COM they have lots of fans and monster fans. you can find one there in your price range. my p3 450 runs around 34C.
    SATANSPAWN

Don't talk about changing to more powerful fan + heatsink combo. I just want to know whether the boxed P3 500 should have the fan blowing air down or suck air out from the heatsink. Thanks.

The Boxed PIII fan and heatsink should only fit on one way, All the ones I have seen blow into the heatsink.

------------------
    Mike
    www.monster-machines.com
    Mike
    Mechanical Engineer
    Dell Computer Corporation
    Server Development

Try reversing the power lead. Your fan should be blowing on the heat-sink. If this doesnt work, return it.
    If it ain't broke, tweak it!!

Thanks for all your reply. I downloaded Rain 2.0. I don't believe it but it really works. Using my Asus PC probe to monitor, Rain cools down my CPU temperature from 56c-60c to 38c to 42c within 10 seconds. Fantastic! Are the numbers reliable? I mean both Rain & Asus PC probe.

They probably are. Rain is an awesome program and as you've seen it really does work. I reacted similar to you the first time I used it.

Thread Information