Went to LOWES today......
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Went to LOWES today......

Went to LOWES today......

Bought me some 3/8 copper tubing and a bunch of right angle fittings and adapters. Gonna water cool my Celerons. Ordered 2 peltier chips. Gonna peltier and water cool my Celerons. Using rigid copper plumbing. Only way I know how, experience in household plumbing is why. Gonna polish all the copper, too. Not using anti-freeze to cool it. nope. Using Jack Daniels Tennessee sippin' whiskey. Gonna look like a corn mash still anyhow. Got little rubber grommets to protect the copper on its way out the top of my server case. Got a automotive transmission cooler with a fan. Aluminum unfortunately. It'll need a pretty housing. I'll sit it on top of the case with the copper pipes exposed. Got a small,submersible sump pump(possible explosion hazard with the 90 proof). Not gonna use no thermal grease. If it leaks or drips I'm screwed (my backup internet pc is a DX2-66). I'll need a liitle time and another bong hit, but I'll keep you informed via personal website. Really, I'm serious.

------------------
    Text Document Is Too Large For NotePad, Would You Like To Use WordPad Instead?

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 10-17-99).]
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Why not GoldSchlagger? The gold in there will be a better conductor, and if brought down to freezing temp, it tastes better.
    Plus the women like it better

------------------
    If God didn't want us to eat cows....He wouldn't have made them out of meat!!!

This is all a joke right?

I have to know!

------------------
    It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer!
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I'm serious. I'll post my webpage address in the next few hours......

------------------
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F

Here's my website - go there!
    alanvincent.home.mindspring.com
    Pop open a cold one and follow me from the very beginning as I try for 744mhz from a Celeron400.
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 10-18-99).]

Uh, just moving my post back to the top.....

love that banjo picking,a hillbilly man can make anything work,dont forget the bailing wire!HeHeHe

Why not just go all out and use liquid nitrogen? Also, I think its interesting that you dont use thermal compound.

Yeah, it'll work. Found out my peltier chips are backordered today.....anyone got a few to sell? I plan to update my page with new pics of the trans. cooler and the tank I'm thinking about using. I'm gonna start soldering pipe together in the next day or so, but I can't plumb the waterblocks on the Celerons, because I haven't made any yet. If I don't drill an aluminum block with coolant holes, the only other thought I had was to solder some coiled copper tube to the surface of some flat copper sheet to act as a heat exchanger. Any ideas on a waterblock?

------------------

Thread Information