p3450 at 675 done deal
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: p3450 at 675 done deal

Hybrid View

p3450 at 675 done deal

well... I made it, with help of the peltier, I'm typin at 675 wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bout time... thanx for all the replys to my previous posts... as soon as i figure how to print from my keyboard I'll post specs from wcpuid and sisoft... When i hit copy on wcpuid nothin happens/ and i dont see any print thingy for sisoft.. go figure... Basic specs =
    asus p3b-f / corsair 133 128mb at cas 3 /
    1 peltier run from seperate power supply / alpha heatsink... temp at present = with rain runnin... -9f mobo = 73 f /PCI video = diamond viper v550 / soundblaster live value / modem/ ata 66 controller { promise }
    lottsa cooling conventinal tho...thats bout it... oh chip = sl37c with 3.6 N's nec cache... by the way level 2 is ON... set at 8 / default and 2.2 volts / altho mb monitor says 2.45v again from what i learned by reading and posting here and on overclockers is the only way i got here >>> thanx
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

Way to go big lar, what FSB are you clocked at? And how are you keeping your casetemp down? Congrats man!
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Since Peltiers eats up your power supply...
    how did u hook it up with another power supply?? How does that work??
    don't ATX power supply needs to hook up to a mb in order to run??

Well, gee thanks for humiliating all us losers running at 589. Give me more time to tweak.

------------------
    Text Document Is Too Large For NotePad, Would You Like To Use WordPad Instead?
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

......damn it, I got a 680 pretested cpu (PIII 550) with a alpha H/S twin fan. If I use a peltier setup, does anybody think I can reach the 720's-800's? This is my first o/c'ing puter.

Congrats on your project Big Lar.

------------------
    If God didn't want us to eat cows....He wouldn't have made them out of meat!!!

Hi.. thanx ... ok as far as to hooking up 2 power supplys,I looked in my specs for 1 of the supplys, and it showed that the 3rd and 4th wires from the top controlled power on from mobo.. didnt say which side, so i used an extra fan i had, striped the wires and tried it... it works/ 1 black 1 green on this atx hookup, note that on my other supply the color coding is different... #2 I'm runnin at 150 fsb ... didnt think id eva get it to run there... My prob still is i would like to post my benchmarks with sandra and wcpuid, but when i hit alt-print screen on my keyboard, it dosnt work/ any 1 know why??< lost in confusion .. lol

I'm jealous!
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

still cannot understand how u hook up two ps

WOW 150mhz FSB damn...!!!

To get a web-viewable copy of your SANDRA report you can do this: In SANDRA folder, Click on "Create a Report Wizard". Select only those items you want to test/benchmark and then select the option to email the results. Email them to yourself, of course. Open the email attachment with an internet browser and then save that file as the real report. You can save it as an .html document and publish directly to the web. There must be an easier way to do this, but it works. Check out my site: http://alanvincent.home.mindspring.com

------------------
    Text Document Is Too Large For NotePad, Would You Like To Use WordPad Instead?

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 10-18-99).]
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

well i kinda allready have the benchmarks here, tho they are in email form... what now,They are gif's . I have sandra/ cpu and cpu multimedia, mobo monitor showin temps/ wcpuid showing speed and level two/ and fsb. any ideas as to how to change to get here... or any 1 want an email?? lol

until i get this figured out... heres the #'s Dhrystone=1830
    Whetstone= 909 { cpu bench}
    IntegerMMX=1619
    Floating Point SSE=1386 {multimedia}
    and of course wcpuid= family=6/ Model =7/ Stepping=3/ Internal=675/ External= 150/
    Clock = 4.5/ I-cache=16k/ D-cache=16k/
    L2cache=512k/ Latency=8/ thats bout it... Let me know how to proceed if any 1 is interested

Thread Information