Peltier and Kondenzwater ???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Peltier and Kondenzwater ???

Hybrid View

Peltier and Kondenzwater ???

i want to install a Peltier on my heatsink , but i must install around my Peltier a thing that takes water in and let no water out !!
    what can i take ????

Thanks Egrimm
    p.s.:execuse me for my bad english , i hope you understand what i mean !!!!

i have a 350 w ps . is that good for my Peltier ??? Peltier : 4.6a
    15.4 VDC ??
    or must i install a 2´nd ps ?????

Forgive me, but if you have to ask such questions, you should not be messing with Peltiers. They rarely do any real good but can often do a lot of harm.

------------------
    -=DrFoo {Sysop} Third Wave BBS (941) 355-7136=-
    http://dsl150-37.cftnet.com
    -=DrFoo {Sysop} Third Wave BBS (941) 355-7136=-
    http://163.125.153.98

Sterling_Aug Guest
    Read up on peltiers at these two website. I got most of my ideas there anfd my systems work fine. How many people can say they have a P2-450 running 527 MHz at 100% FULL CPU load or will boot 558 MHz with Win98 in idle?:

http://www.benchtest.com/504_4.html

http://www.sysopsolutions.com/

Is your 350 Watt power supply a 12 volt power supply, what type of supply is it? (at, atx, switching, etc.)

At 12VCD your peltier should only draw about 3.6A. That is still an additional 43.2 watts that your heatsink has to dissapate. If you dont have too many devices in your system your p.s. should be able to handle an additional 3.6A, but at 12V your peltier is not going to cool even close to the rated delta T.

------------------
    Mike
    www.monster-machines.com
    Mike
    Mechanical Engineer
    Dell Computer Corporation
    Server Development

350 w ATX ps , 1 hdd ibm 10.5 gb , 1 cd rom asus 45 , 3.5 disk , 7 fans , AGP G400 Max , fritzcard PCI , 3COM 3C905b-tx and a SB live Value !! is my ps big enough or must i install a 2´nd ?????

Look on the side of the power supply and it should tell you how many amps it will supply at 12V.

Give us that number, at first glance I think your P.S. should be able to handle your peltier.

------------------
    Mike
    www.monster-machines.com
    Mike
    Mechanical Engineer
    Dell Computer Corporation
    Server Development

Generally Peltiers have been getting a bad rap because people are trying to cool the chip to 32F or below and on top of that are using watercoolers. I have found from my testing that going below room temperature will not get you much more in performance. If the payoff is 22 MHz (i.e 583 to 605) but the cost is cooling the chip to 32F, it's not worth the chance of condensation, run it at 583 at room temp and be done with it.

If you match a peltier to the chip then you can run at room temperature and not have a condensation problem. Don't go out and buy the biggest peltier you can find. A 40Watt (12V) peltier will cause condensation. A 30 Watt (5V or 12V) will not if used on a 366@2.1 volts. Also peltiers need a cold plate between the CPU core and the peltier unit. This can be made of 1/8" - 1/4" Copper or Aluminum. Lastly if possible use a temperature sensor on the cold plate so you can know if your going to have a condensation problem and NEVER run without the case cover on.

Thread Information