voltage overclocked PIII 450
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: voltage overclocked PIII 450

voltage overclocked PIII 450

Clocked my PIII 450 to 504MHz, added double fan on my cpu. added extra system cooler to it. Did some work in the Bios (disabeled shadowing, set the timings longer) If someone know anything else to set different in the bios, please say so.
    But I dont know what core voltage it is, and how I can change it.

Thanks

Core voltage on a PIII450 is 2.0. Shouldn't need a voltage jump until overclocking past about 518 on most boards. On a BE6 board, you can overclock a PIII450 to 558 with the standard 2.0 volts but that is the only board that I know of that can do that.

Was talking with a mechanical engineer about stacking two fans on top of each other on the heatsink yesterday. He told me that if you don't have it engineered right one fan will just flutter and actually create drag, but I would have to experiment. Is there anyway you can measure the airflow to see if it is more - not the rpm of the motors but the airflow for more air pressure. I was told that one big fan would cure this. This is why some of the new big heatsinks have 80mm case fans mounted on them.

Have you seen the people who have ported the side of the case and vented cool air directly to the CPU fan using automotive preheater hose or tubing or cardboard funnels? The temp dropped 5 degrees on the CPU.

Todays, you don't put two fans on top of each other, that would be pointless. You put two fans side-by-side. I have a heatsink/doublefan on my PIII450 and cools my CPU and cache like a mutha. But you have to have cool air in the case or it will just blow hot air on your CPU. I also have 8 fans in my case. And a 5 degree drop can be done by just installing Raine or Waterfall.

i have a Giga-Bte BX-E and a PIII450@558.
    i have take 4.5*124 and it works great.now 2 month and i have no problems. i install 5 fans in my case , 1 on my viper 550 , and 4 on my cpu !!!!

---------------------------
    - 1 8*8 -
    - <---- -
    - -------- -
    - Net - -
    - - -
    - -------- -
    - 1 8*8 -
    - <---- <-----1 12*12 -
    - <-----2 8*8 -
    - fans -
    ---------------------------

Cpu temp in bios : 28 after a long night in a Deathmatch by Q3 !!!!!!!

Thread Information