Cold cooling...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Cold cooling...

Cold cooling...

Hi,
    I just went the radio shack yesterday and I noticed a can that sprays a really cold liquid. It's for testing components for heat related problems and what you're supposed to do is spray a hot component with this stuff to cool it and see if the problem goes away.
    Would it be possible to cool your CPU temporary to see if it could o/c to xxx Mhz?
    -Paul

Sterling_Aug Guest
    This would not be recommended, and besides, what good would it do if you can only run overclocked while this spray is running?

The object of overclocking is to be running 100% CPU load and still be stable.

You can get the same effect with turning a anti-dust can upside down and spraying. I think that'll cool all the way to -70F I think

-JGene

Yeah, but say that you wanted to see if your cpu was at least capable at running at that speed, and if it did you could invest in a peliter or something...

If those wasps are still comming back to life after you spray'm, you haven't spray'm long enough. The dust can->icy wind is still the best way to kill household bugs in my apartment. Raid doesn't kill roaches instantly. The cold can will. Cool thing is that the dead bugs start to "crystalize" afterwards...

Talk about off the subject of overclocking...

-JGene

Thread Information