POLL!!! Supermicro 750a or Aopen HX08!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: POLL!!! Supermicro 750a or Aopen HX08!!!

POLL!!! Supermicro 750a or Aopen HX08!!!

Both are Full Tower ATX, come with 300 watt power supplies, but the super is slightly more expandable, but costs $135 vs. $89 for the aopen. I like them both, HELP!

POLL!

I have the 750A and I love it. It has all kinds of spots for fans, etc. The supermicro also has both side doors are removable (screwless). The supermicro has 6 bays compared to the aopen's 5.

I even have an extra power supply inside the case for peltiers and high speed fans.

I also use the Aopen cases for clients PCs because of their low cost and very sturdy construction.

So I guess if the Aopen HX08 is the Cadillac then the Supermicro SC-750A is the Rolls Royce.

------------------
    Mike
    www.monster-machines.com
    Mike
    Mechanical Engineer
    Dell Computer Corporation
    Server Development

i've got the HX-08, and i'm pretty damn happy with it. it's got quite a bit of room, 13 total drive bays or so. that's 3 1/2" and 5 1/4" combined. i haven't had any problems with it, and it has decent fan mounts, the standard one in the bottom front and two in hte top rear. the top rear ones are nice cuz you can put your HDDs up there and have the fans bringing air across the drives. keeps em pretty cool.

the only problem i've found with full towers is that you need longer drive cables sometimes. but i suppose it depends on your mobo's placement of the IDE connectors. but it;s still nice.

------------------
    da jig isz up...

i'm so upset lately...
    i'm contemplating www.cybersuicide.com

da jig isz up...

You can always Build youre own Case
    I made a Huge case which can fit 2 main bords of your choice 10 3.5" Hdds and 6 5.25"
    whatevers.
    Plus 2 x 250W p/s
    And more fans then you can poke a stick at.
    the system stands a little over a meter tall and lives in the corner of my room, It also doubles as a desk stand.
    It totally kicks *** !
    VG30DETT...
    nuff said

The SuperMicro 750A is a rock solid case. Yeah it costs more. but you get what you pay for! The P/S is a good one, and it comes with a good big exaust fan located above the P/S. There is places to put 3 intake fans, and up to 4 (80"!) fans on the 5.25 drive bays. I highly recommend this case. Very stable and easy to open side panel to service your board!

Thread Information