abit zm6 @ 800Mhz
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: abit zm6 @ 800Mhz

abit zm6 @ 800Mhz

is the abit zm6 capable of handling an 800mhz cpu (I know tey're not out for ages but i want to know) because they have an 8X multiplier and are capable of upto 133mhz fsb?

If you put it that way then I guess it'll handle a CPU that is rated to run at 800 MHz. Don't quote me on that!

Don't ever quote me on anything!

------------------
    "It is now safe to turn off your computer"

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

SURE !,

that is as long as the next intel processors support your socket and when abit make a bios revision you can get 800mhz.
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

Thanks guys!
    I was pretty sure it would and just wanted a little confirmation. I hope to get one and a 366 @ 550 in the next couple of months. would love a k7 but could never afford it (they kick arse)

Well, theoretically your board should hit 8x133 which is 1064 However, if I remember correctly that's a socket 370 board. There might not be any chips that come out in that firmat at 800. A slot 1 would give you a slightly better chance, though I wouldn't put money on it either way...
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

Thread Information