cant get certain fsb's with abit be6 it just resets?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: cant get certain fsb's with abit be6 it just resets?

cant get certain fsb's with abit be6 it just resets?

ive got a celery 366 ppga and an abit be6 mobo and pc 133 memory 128 mg i can only use the 66,100,112 mgz settings on my buss i would like to use the 105,110 settings because my cpu wont load windows at 112 can anyone help?

I'm betting you have halt on errors (or something like that - forget the exact wording) on. On the first menu, when selecting fsb, there is a line, just above the cpu core voltage, reads halt on errors. Disable that.

Good luck
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

The line he is talking about is "Speed Error Hold"

------------------
    Mike
    www.monster-machines.com
    Mike
    Mechanical Engineer
    Dell Computer Corporation
    Server Development

Did Splatt's and Dimarini's advice work for you? Let me know alright? E-Mail me what happened and if you still have the problem... I have the same exact configuration but haven't installed my stuff yet?

Cheers

------------------
    "It is now safe to turn off your computer"

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I'm betting that was the problem. I had the same thing. At 66, 100, 112, 124, 133 it will report the correct speed and should go through. At the other settings, it will report the default speed (My p3550 says 550 at 105, 110, 115) even though the actual speed is much faster as checked within windows...
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

Thread Information