Case Question please help----Addtronics
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Case Question please help----Addtronics

Case Question please help----Addtronics

I have an addtronics 6890A and I am having trouble keeping the cpu's cool. I have a bp6 with two vantec heatsinks and fans. I also have two case fans. can someone who knows about this case please tell me a good setup for the fans for the best cooling. Thanks

I dont know the case, but an extremely effective way of cooling is to keep air moving through the case. If the case has a fan in the back (if not, put one there), direct it to blow out of the back of the case. If you have some free drive bays in the front, remove the plates, and position a fan there somehow, blowing air into the case. I set up something similar on a computer here, and you can actually feel air moving through the case, if you take the cover off.

Option B, just run it without the cover on. Unless you happen to live in a really dusty house, thats pretty much the best way of preventing heat build up.

------------------
    "In the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies;
    lies, damn lies, and benchmarks."
    "In the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies;
    lies, damn lies, and benchmarks."

Hi Devil,

I'm not sure what CPU fan you have, but since your problem is keeping the CPU cool, you should try getting an Alpha P125 fans or anything better than what you have now.

This my favorite place to get cooling fans... have fun there...

http://www.2cooltek.com/

Oh.. this is one of my favorite web site for CPU fans reviews. It's also how I got onto 2cooltek's web site, since he lended out the Alpha P125 fans to this web site for review.

http://www.thetechzone.com/

Thread Information