New to overclocking
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: New to overclocking

New to overclocking

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to overclocking. I have a Pentium II 400MHz. How would I overclock it and what would be a safe level to overclock it to? What programs would I use if any? I also have a Intel BX motherboard (M6TBA, don't know manufacturer) and 100MHz RAM.

Thanks

If you don;t need to overclock then don't. That's where all your problems will start to arise from.

Are you happy at 400 MHz? If the answer is yes... there you have it. If your answer is no... then list down your computer parts in a new forum and ask for overclocking tips. We can't help you if we don't know exactly what's in your computer.

I hope this help?

------------------
    "It is now safe to turn off your computer"

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

My motherboard is a Biostar model, supported in SoftFSB. All I want to know is, would I need more than my single OEM fan on the processor to boost the FSB to 112MHz and beyond. I wouldn't mind a bit of extra speed.

[This message has been edited by paulspage (edited 08-06-99).]

Try booting up your computer with the 112 FSB and see if it runs stable at that speed? If not, get the aftermarket fan and heatsink.

This still doesn't guarantee if it'll run at that speed!

------------------
    "It is now safe to turn off your computer"

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information