has anyone had any success OC'ing a dual Celeron system???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: has anyone had any success OC'ing a dual Celeron system???

has anyone had any success OC'ing a dual Celeron system???

I'm interested in building a new Dual Celeron system with the abit mobo. Has anyone else here tried it? I know you cant run win98 but I have heard that the beta version of win2000 professional will do the job. Lastly what real performance gains will i get with dual processors? I was told Q3 will support it and I do alot of work with photoshop other than that will I notice a difference???

Right now I have a dual p2 450 running Win2K build 2072.1a RC1 and a P2 300 running 98se, both are good os choices for the chipset. Running a dual processor set under 9x gets you no benefit because the dos kernel only talks to one processor, but the NT kernel does *everything* faster on a multiproc setup. My advice would be to get NT5 (win2k) running on an identical (but single processor) setup first and see if the stuff you want to do is NT5 compatible. I know PS5 works, but I haven't tried Q3 and there's no Direct3D (at least not yet)

------------------
    And the beat goes on...
    And the beat goes on...

Forge,

This is a little off-topic, but where did you get Win2k 2072 ? I am looking for it everywhere but I can't find it anywhere.. can you help me ?

Yeah, if you're 56k or so, mail me your street addy and I'll burn off a copy of the CD for you, if you're cable+ mail me and I'll give you a few locations.. (I'd server it, but I'm 56k.) Oh, and the first question, I'm 2nd level betaing it for MS. (No BS, really. )

------------------
    And the beat goes on...

[This message has been edited by Forge (edited 07-29-99).]

[This message has been edited by Forge (edited 07-29-99).]
    And the beat goes on...

Forge,

I have a radio connection at job (512k).. you can send me some locations ? my e-mail:

heliok@usa.net

or if you prefer you can post here.

TKS !

Forge,
    I think its going to be pretty expensive for you to mail a CD to me because I live in Brazil.

I have a radio connection at job (512k).. you can send me some locations ? my e-mail:

heliok@usa.net

or if you prefer you can post here.

TKS !

Anyone that runs a fast ftp (especially beta ware ftps) I can now fxp windows 2000 rc1 2072.1a to you in exchange for an account. Email me if you're interested.

------------------
    And the beat goes on...
    And the beat goes on...

Thread Information