Thermal question...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Thermal question...

Thermal question...

I'm running an AMDK6-III-400mhz on an Asus P5A-B motherboard, and a Diamond ViperV770 Video Card, and I was wondering what a "Normal" running temperature would be for this setup.

Right now, with the case on, the CPU runs at about 57 degrees C, and the Mainboard runs at 37 degrees C. (This information taken from the thermal monitor software that comes with the Asus P5A-B motherboard.)

I'm running it in a Minitower case, with a single case fan mounted in the front bottom of the case, a bay fan, a Hard Drive fan (both the Bay Fan and the Hard Drive fan are in the two lower 5.25 bays), I've got a slot fan running underneath the ViperV770, and on the ViperV770's heat sink I've got a 486 fan attached to it.

My question is: What should a normal running temperature be for this sort of setup, and am I running hot?

Thanks in advance...
    -Aaron

What kind of CPU heatsink/fan do you have? Is it an OEM CPU?

I have a K6-III 450 and it never gets over 42C with a mid-tower case and 3 fans: the PS fan (blowing out), a rear case fan (blowing out), and a front case fan (sucking in). My system temperature is usually around 28C.

Also, do you use a CPU cooler program like Rain, Waterfall Pro, or CPUIdle? When I have Rain running, my CPU is often very close to my system (mainboard) temperature. I'd highly recommend it if you don't.

Not sure what the temperature of your room is, but your CPU temp seems a little high to me.

The fan box just says "CPU cooler", OEM? I fail to understand...

I've got a slot fan blowing out, a bay fan blowing out, a case fan mounted about an inch from the wall of the front of the case blowing in, the CPU fan is blowing towards the CPU, the fan I have on the ViperV770 is blowing towards the heatsink... I have no space for a rear fan, since it's a Minitower case.

Hmm, I do not. What do they do and where can I get one?

Thread Information