400a to 500 a any suggestions
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 400a to 500 a any suggestions

400a to 500 a any suggestions

Hi, i just o/c my celery to 500 mhz, it is at 2.30 volts and it doesnt run very well, it locks up on and off and is not stable. I have the regular heatsink and fan on it and added another case fan, oh thermal greased it too. Would burning it in help, like some nights i go to bed and leave it in windows 98 at 500 and its fine in the morning, but when i go to use 3d mark for instance it locks up at the cpu geometry test. I have waterfall pro running thats it. Would burining it in help ?

Thankyou for any help
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

well...i didn't really burn mine in..but i bought it when they where very new so i imagine the chip quality is pretty good...
    i ran it @400 for bout a 3 weeks...with poor ventilation on purpose to kinda burn it in..
    then i put on a good heatsink(i made) and ran 500 at bout 32C tops..@2.2V...but since summer i upped it to 2.3V for a while cause the heat makes it crash now and again.

just got my peltiers....with 1 on at 12V@6A i can lower my Vcore to 2.1V with just a heatsink..but still no 600 Mhz just started playin with um..i hope with my liquid cooler i can get 600 Mhz if not i'm buying a PIII

P.S. about what i said bout getting a PIII
    my dads came in today (a 450) right out of the bag(oem) it does 567..126 Mhz fsb.. thats bad-***...

Sterling_Aug Guest
    If you want to burn in the CPU, you need to NOT have CPU Idle, Rain, or Waterfall running. The CPU needs to run at 100% CPU load for several days at the highest possible voltage that is STABLE.

I got my 400a to run at 500 but I tried several heatsinks and with the exception of maybe an alpha not standard heatsink would let it run at 500, over 100 degrees f and it crashes, I have seen several others with similar problems, it seems the 400a is more temp sensitive than voltage, with a peltier mine runs at 500 at 2.05 volts, if you really want it to run at 500 your best bet is to get an alpha or peltier, but the alpha is easier to work with.

Sterling_Aug Guest
    I have an Alpha and a peltier on my 400A running 500 MHz.

I am burning it in at 2.3 volts and running a program that uses 100% CPU load.

I may be able to bump it up to 600 after a few days, or at least run it at 500 MHz at a low voltage.

Thread Information