Does a case fan make much difference?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Does a case fan make much difference?

Hybrid View

Does a case fan make much difference?

I just installed a case fan in my mini-tower, and I'm wondering if it will allow me some lattitude for overclocking a Voodoo Banshee. I'm not gonna overclock my K6-2, just want to tweak the Banshee a little. Also what is the best overclocker program for the Banshee?

------------------
    ....I live like this cuz I like it, I've seen too much to pretend. You can't ignore the beauty of the things that you love just like you can't stand the hatred and the lies....Steve Albini

If they don't help you overclock, they'll help by keeping everything cooler. I ran my computer for a year in a puny Micro-AT case with no fans, and it ran fine. When I got a new full-tower ATX case I put in an intake fan blowing on my hard drives and an exhaust fan sucking from the CD drives. My stability and overclocking haven't improved any, but there's a lot of hot air coming out by the CD drives. Along with the PS blowing out, everything in there is a lot cooler and should last me a while more.
    David Peters
    "If it's not on fire, it's a software problem."

Sterling_Aug Guest
    Heat is the enemy of overclocking.

My PII-450 is running 558 MHz @ 2.2 volts. I have over 200 cfm worth of case fans blowing in and sucking out hot air. When the temp of the room goes up, I have to drop back to 527 MHz or the system locks up.

Thread Information