New Alienware Laptop on the Way
I just ordered a new Alienware Area-51m 7700 laptop. My signature still has the old one listed, but it died. The onboard video went bad and it was going to cost $1200.00 to repair. Unfortunately the warranty ran out. I got the 3 year warranty this time. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has the new 7700 model, and how they like it. I am into gaming. I have a two teenage boys, 13 and 14. I have a home LAN set up. My signature only has my main system and old laptop listed, but I have 2 other systems that I built. The main reason I want a gaming laptop is that my job takes me away from home quite often and I like a mobile system that I can game with. Anyway I just was hoping for feedback from any who have it already. The specs are as follows.
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 550 Desktop Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP PrO with Service Pack 2
- Warranty: 3-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support with Onsite Service
- LCD Display: 17" WideSXGA+ 1680 x 1050 LCD Clearview Display with Built-in Camera
- Motherboard: Intel® 915P PCI-Express Chipset
- Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 533MHz - 2 x 512MB
- Video Card: Area-51m 7700 NVIDIA GeForce™ Go 6800 Ultra with 256MB of DDR3 memory
- Hard Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 60GB 7200 RPM ATA100
- CD ROM/DVD ROM: 8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW / 24X CD-RW Combo w/Software
- Sound Card: Intel® High-Definition Audio (24-bit, 192Khz) with 7.1 surround sound
- Communications: Integrated 10/1000Mb Gigabit Ethernet & 56K V.92 Modem
- Floppy Drive: USB Floppy Drive
I will add a 60 Gig 5400 RPM hard drive to it when it gets here. Anway any feedback is appriciated.