well i dont know if any of the US guys watched the preview on MTV lastnight but for the UK guys its on at 9:00PM tonight (13th/May/2005) on MTV UK.
the xbox 360 site is up, www.xbox360.com and the xbox site also has some details about it.
Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
- Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
- Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
- VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
- 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
- 1 MB L2 cache
Custom ATI Graphics Processor
- 10 MB of embedded DRAM
- 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines
- Unified shader architecture
- 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM
- Unified memory architecture
- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
- 21.6 GB/s front-side bus
- Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
- 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
- Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB
- Support for up to four wireless game controllers
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- Two memory unit slots
Optimized for online
- Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music
- Built-in Ethernet port
- Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
- Video camera ready
Full list of specs HERE
just found a video on Game about it, it can be downloaded HERE
the video shows us the motherboard etc and also tells us that the CPU is going to be water cooled.
thats unreal- its faster than anyones pc today
any idea how much its gonna cost? this might be my first console i pre-order
ive not got a clue about cost but i would think about the £250-£300 mark, thats $460USD - $550 (thats over here in the UK anyway, but we get ripped off)
i downloaded the MTV release from BitTorrent, and it has some in game videos, and it looks great. good to see that this one has much more FSAA so the "jaggy edges" that the PS2 and Xbox are very bad for due to the low screen res of TV's is pretty much fixed. thats the one thing i dont like about consoles. Also all games are in HD so it should look pretty amazing.
Actually, pricewise I believe it is going to list at $400. Pretty unreasonable if you ask me, but I guess I will wait and see some demos before I snap to judgement.
release is said to be November (2005) in the US and then Europe 10 days after that.
i wouldnt even think of paying over $400, but considering the specs they claim, and knowking this is gonna be the console to have over the next 5+ years, i might actually pay the $400, even if in one year itll drop to $250
It sounds neat. Yet, I stick with computers. I dont like the controllers. And what I would do is spend 400 dollars on a new video card :D
Yeh only to have it be obsolete in 6 months. Consoles are the way now, you can invest thousands of dollars and wouldn't come close to the performance of these consoles. Besides I'm sure you can hook up a mouse and keyboard to them.
well pc wont be replaced because ms and sony will keep their consoles proprietary, they wont just let you install anything on them like you can a pc.
i did hear though that a ms in the future wants a game console that plays pc games, plus its own exclusives... that would be interesting eh?